Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

I'm not getting an email notification when someone makes an offer or replys to my add

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

I'm not getting an email notification when someone makes an offer or replys to my add

Old 09-17-2016, 04:09 AM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm not getting an email notification when someone makes an offer or replys to my add

Wondering why I'm not getting an email notification or a notification when I log onto RCU that someone has replied to or made me an offer for an item I've posted in the marketplace. Today I had to go into my marketplace/my adds to see I had an offer. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this in my marketplace settings, is it elsewhere?
Thanks
Toddd
Old 09-17-2016, 04:43 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

good reading on the subject http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mark...rketplace.html

good luck
Old 09-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Todd D

thanks for the info. Boy, that was fun, not! After reading that I'm not feeling confident it will get any better.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:59 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Probably not, that software is so old,,it's amazing it still works as well as it does.
I just check my "my ads" page daily when I'm running them.

good luck
Old 09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd D
Wondering why I'm not getting an email notification or a notification when I log onto RCU that someone has replied to or made me an offer for an item I've posted in the marketplace. Today I had to go into my marketplace/my adds to see I had an offer. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this in my marketplace settings, is it elsewhere?
Thanks
Toddd
Check your email providers spam filter and make sure RCUniverse.com is listed as allowed.

Contrary to comments from others, it is NOT our software that is causing the problem with email communications.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Todd D

Originally Posted by JWN
Check your email providers spam filter and make sure RCUniverse.com is listed as allowed.

Contrary to comments from others, it is NOT our software that is causing the problem with email communications.
Ok I checked my Gmail account settings, don't have any blocked emails or web sites etc listed as blocked.

Can you explain why I don't get a notification from RCU when I return to the web site? Previously (about a month ago) I was getting notifications when I logged onto RCU that my adds had activity, but none for the past month?? I've had three or four adds with offers that turned into a sale after I went to the add and found someone had made an offer. Thanks
Old 09-20-2016, 02:14 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd D
Ok I checked my Gmail account settings, don't have any blocked emails or web sites etc listed as blocked.

Can you explain why I don't get a notification from RCU when I return to the web site? Previously (about a month ago) I was getting notifications when I logged onto RCU that my adds had activity, but none for the past month?? I've had three or four adds with offers that turned into a sale after I went to the add and found someone had made an offer. Thanks
You don't have to have our site listed as blocked for the emails to be blocked. Go in to the whitelist and manually add RCUniverse.com

Try logging out of the site, clearing all cookies and cached pages then log back in to the site.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 AM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JWN
You don't have to have our site listed as blocked for the emails to be blocked. Go in to the whitelist and manually add RCUniverse.com

Try logging out of the site, clearing all cookies and cached pages then log back in to the site.
Whitelist, in all the the google gmail settings, I didn't see it myself. These are the settings I've found in my gmail settings, and by the way, my notifications work. Hope these screenshots help those with Gmail find the inbox settings as shown and enable the appropriate selections.