Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Free ads for liquidating estate?

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Free ads for liquidating estate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:58 PM
grandpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free ads for liquidating estate?

I am helping the widow of my late friend who was an RC nut, to sell off his entire 30 year collection.
I am doing all of the sorting, photography, research, listing, packing, and shipping for FREE (apart from actual cost of packing materials and shipping).
I have written my first ad draft, and selected "I typically buy for my personal use", as I am neither an estate liquidator, nor a commercial seller in this case.
Will I be okay listing this way?
Thanx.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are posting the listing as a favor for a friend, you are fine to list the ad as Private.

Only if you actively purchase items from an estate with the intention to resell would you be required to post as ProSeller.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:23 PM
grandpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had hoped and figured you'd be understanding. I am definitely not making money off helping my friend of 33 years; we met through our wives who were college classmates, she's really got it tough. There is a big regional swap meet in about a month (ARCS in S.A.), we hope to have some sold by then, and sell the bulk of the rest at that event. We've been told there will be plenty of "I'll give you $XXX for everything" offers. We've also been told it will be offers of pennies on the dollar, so we're trying to at least get nickles and dimes right now.

Thanx, folks.