Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:39 PM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am an apple user and have a problem with all of it. Just loading pictures has become an undertaking. Used to be rather simple really, but not anymore!
Old 10-30-2018, 04:53 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

" I can view the intruder ad on desktop with Chrome or FF.

I can also view it on iPhone x with Safari and Chrome.

No issues whatsoever.

@ibthomas make sure you try it with non-admin account. Looks like it throws that error when I sign out and try to view. "

why would any admin try to check out a user problem from a special privileges account, like the admin one?
basic stuff folks...
Old 10-30-2018, 10:10 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
While your criticisms are valid, I think it's unfair to say that feedback has gone largely ignored. Since the update we've rolled out multiple fixes that directly addressed issues raised by the community and have made improvements to navigation. We know there's more to be desired out of the marketplace, and we are and will continue to listen to the community - improving the marketplace is a process that we are actively working on.
it's hard to really believe that when the issues I brought up have been some of the biggest concerns/ disappointments that members have expressed since the change happened months ago. What has been done has happened at a snail's pace.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:03 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
A6 Intruder 1:5.5 True Scale Twin Turbine - RCU Forums

win10, sea monkey 2.49.4

and your question in post #96 is exactly why we have no trust in your abilities to get this stuff straightened out.
yall are not modelers, and have no actual understanding of what we want, need, or do.
The thread should be viewable, it just needed some minor moderation tweaks.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The reason the ad was not viewable is because the poster is a brand new member, and we have necessary spam protections in place to prevent new accounts from inundating the forums with spam. This user's first posts that include links and photos needed to be approved by a moderator, which has now been done.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:41 PM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBobi
The reason the ad was not viewable is because the poster is a brand new member, and we have necessary spam protections in place to prevent new accounts from inundating the forums with spam. This user's first posts that include links and photos needed to be approved by a moderator, which has now been done.
then don't allow them to post a classified ad at all instead of letting it post and other members seeing something they are interested in. There is another one now for a jetcat P160 that is invalid when you click it. That is stupid.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11656135
Old 11-03-2018, 03:30 PM
mongo

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
then don't allow them to post a classified ad at all instead of letting it post and other members seeing something they are interested in. There is another one now for a jetcat P160 that is invalid when you click it. That is stupid.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11656135
well,
after all, it is the NEW rcu...

add:

side note.
i depends on which of the headings the add is under,
the one in motors & engines-turbine works, the one in aircraft-jets gives the invalid link error.

Last edited by mongo; 11-03-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Am I just delirious this afternoon or did they finally give up and go back to the old marketplace format?
Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Am I just delirious this afternoon or did they finally give up and go back to the old marketplace format?
Still looks like the same "new" marketplace to me. Still miss the old one too, I have not posted a single item since.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Looks to me like they went back to the old RCU Marketplace format but using the new software so it looks a bit different if you just glance at the thing. I just spent a half hour there and it pretty much works like the old version. It'll be interesting to see what things are missing now.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:48 PM
horsefeetky

i come here for forums only i buy or sell on rc groups........dont care for posting items here. it is hard for me to make things work well. but the forums are a great source of info to me. glad that is still easy to surf.

wish the tread tools had a button to bring up images and links in the thread.. i like that for quick visual findings on rc groups forums postings. save tons of surf time looking
Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Yesterday I was looking and found all the needed parts to complete my Reaction 54, I found ( very easy ) all the things I neede on RCG and FG, zero on RCU, didn't even look there, no time to waste.

Sorry but, you know.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:19 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently the PM function between members is inop or at best, extremely intermittent. RCU instantly sends duplicate PM's when posting or marking an ad sold - but usually fails to send the important PM's from members asking about the item.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:24 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

That is correct. I tried to buy something. The seller had replied to me but there were no notices and I didn't see it until the next week which the item was already sold to others.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:25 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by sc0tt
Apparently the PM function between members is inop or at best, extremely intermittent. RCU instantly sends duplicate PM's when posting or marking an ad sold - but usually fails to send the important PM's from members asking about the item.
That's concerning. I'll test our the problems you described and find out what we can do about it.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:28 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
That is correct. I tried to buy something. The seller had replied to me but there were no notices and I didn't see it until the next week which the item was already sold to others.
Be sure your profile is set so you get an email alert when a PM arrives

Yours is currently set to NOT email you. That's why you didn't get a notice.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:44 PM
atchfoot
My Feedback: (171)

This is NEVER going to be fixed. RCU had a good working system and abandoned it. They had a working template for a system that worked well, and know what the salient features are that worked but are no longer using those features. The moderators act as if they are concerned, but cannot remember what features the old system had. Ridiculous!
Now old RCU Marketplace users are attempting to explain what's wrong with the RCU to individuals that operate it?? And they don't understand?? Bull.
They know very well how the old system worked, what features were useful, etc. RCU's system was great, now is gone and is futile to try to get it back.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:02 PM
IBobi

Exclamation

Originally Posted by atchfoot
This is NEVER going to be fixed. RCU had a good working system and abandoned it. They had a working template for a system that worked well, and know what the salient features are that worked but are no longer using those features. The moderators act as if they are concerned, but cannot remember what features the old system had. Ridiculous!
Now old RCU Marketplace users are attempting to explain what's wrong with the RCU to individuals that operate it?? And they don't understand?? Bull.
They know very well how the old system worked, what features were useful, etc. RCU's system was great, now is gone and is futile to try to get it back.
Hi there,

Let me reiterate something we have stated many times this year: the old marketplace was custom coded by the previous owner, and was past the point of being serviceable by our technicians. Very old, cobbled-together code. We are aware that the new marketplace can't do every single thing the old one did. Bringing the old marketplace back is not a choice for us -- it is literally impossible.

You should be aware, if you've been following along this year, that we have been listening and responding to virtually every constructive comment and concern that's been made about the new marketplace -- even in threads like this that are not even in the Support forum where they belong -- because the community's opinions are so vital to us as we work to improve the site. And we have; the simple fact is, no competitor has a marketplace product as sophisticated as the one we have now, period. We can all lament the passing of the old RCU marketplace -- that broken-down beautiful old hulk that it was -- but reanimating it is impossible.

So rather than focusing on what can't be done, we have been working hard for most of 2018 to build a new one that is the class of the industry -- and we have done it. Does this mean we are finished, or that we think it's perfect? Nope! Does it mean we've stopped fixing bugs, or stopped listening to the community and people like you? NO WAY!

BUT... we can't do anything at all if the complaint is "it's not like the old one." Or complaints that are general in nature, like "I hate it." If you want to help us chart out the future of online RC sales, give us specific feedback ("X is not working the way it is supposed to work -- BUG;" or "Z would be better if it did THIS instead of THAT, or in addition to THAT -- NEW FEATURE REQUEST."

I wish I could say the old system was capable of being reanimated. It is not, and we're all sad about that. Believe me, nobody here decided to make extra work for themselves by replacing something that worked. We replaced something that was about to break forever, and we wanted to have something in place before that happened. And we do have it, and by and large we are happy with the way it allows people to buy and sell RC gear. But YOU know RC gear, and the buying/selling/trading of it, better than we do! It's true! So YOU can help make the RCU Marketplace the best it can be.

Let us hear your suggestions! We are here, we are responding, and we are listening.

Thank you,

Paul
Old 12-12-2018, 07:04 PM
mongo

if you think anything about this site is "class of the industry" , you are sorely mistaken, sir.

i can think of at least 3 others that have this one beat, hands down.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
if you think anything about this site is "class of the industry" , you are sorely mistaken, sir.

i can think of at least 3 others that have this one beat, hands down.
The irony is the classified sections on every other site are very basic sub forums with the exact behavior of any message boards that have come before them, yet that was the biggest complaint about RCU is that they went to a forum format.

At this point I don’t have any issues with the RCU classifieds, I just hope the volume comes back.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:51 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

The best of old rcu was that you could go to make private offer and the PayPal where the selling and buying person was connected to this was the best of old rcu ,with all the benefits that go with,easy way to sale and buy using PayPal and feedback without confusing easy way,fix this and all going to be okay 👌 +some little things like addicting pictures and possibilities to renew older adds just by going to your market place and simply go to renew and bum don not to create all new add just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:02 AM
LGM Graphix

It's funny, the response here as to why the marketplace can't go back sounds a lot like restoration shops when they say "this part is not available, we cant replace it" yet it was made on manual machines 80 years ago. As technology continues to improve you cant tell me you couldnt re create that same part or in this case classified section to be the same or an improvement. It all sounds very much like a copout where the old part needs to be bandaid'd until it's usable but that's all
Old 12-13-2018, 11:29 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by sysiek
The best of old rcu was that you could go to make private offer and the PayPal where the selling and buying person was connected to this was the best of old rcu ,with all the benefits that go with,easy way to sale and buy using PayPal and feedback without confusing easy way,fix this and all going to be okay 👌 +some little things like addicting pictures and possibilities to renew older adds just by going to your market place and simply go to renew and bum don not to create all new add just my opinion.
In our last update we included the option to renew your ad. As the expiration date of your ad nears, you should get a PM instructing you and how to renew your ad.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:03 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Please

IBThomas;

I just posted a few ads for the first time since the changes. I would like to request consideration of adding these improvements.

When typing “Listing Title” ; it will only allow the first letter to be capitalized. A lot of the companies go by capital initials, ex: MPI, JR, BVM, etc. On some titles the first letter of the word needs to be capitalized. Just makes for a better presentation of the Title.

Next request, when listing the price of the item, could you add a couple boxes for: Shipping cost and if the Buyer or Seller pays for shipping.

Under manufacters to to choose from in the list, could you add: MPI ?

Thank you you for your time and consideration of these items.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:58 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
IBThomas;

I just posted a few ads for the first time since the changes. I would like to request consideration of adding these improvements.

When typing “Listing Title” ; it will only allow the first letter to be capitalized. A lot of the companies go by capital initials, ex: MPI, JR, BVM, etc. On some titles the first letter of the word needs to be capitalized. Just makes for a better presentation of the Title.

Next request, when listing the price of the item, could you add a couple boxes for: Shipping cost and if the Buyer or Seller pays for shipping.

Under manufacters to to choose from in the list, could you add: MPI ?

Thank you you for your time and consideration of these items.
Hi Dan,

While Thomas is currently out, I have asked our tech team to add those adjustments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.