Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi Dan,

While Thomas is currently out, I have asked our tech team to add those adjustments.
Thank you for the help. I didn’t know Thomas was out, and started another forum: IBThomas: My Market.

I would appreciate help as to how to leave positive feedback for the buyers. My Market is not working. I can’t find my ads that have sold. Where might I find those?
Thanks.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-02-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Eaglepilot2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had problems posting on the old format, but I've been trying to post an Avonds F-16 since this morning and I still can't get it to post.

Please just start over with a new system!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 12:59 PM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot2
I never had problems posting on the old format, but I've been trying to post an Avonds F-16 since this morning and I still can't get it to post. Had to post it on RCG. Ugh!!!!

Please just start over with a new system!!!!!!!!
Not sure that you realize that you have 2 ads of your Avonds F-16 currently active here on rcu?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Eaglepilot2

That's interesting. Got an error each time that it had failed to post, and it magically appears twice! Not sure how to delete one of them.
Help please?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:34 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's interesting. Got an error each time that it had failed to post, and it magically appears twice! Not sure how to delete one of them.
Help please?
Could you please link me to the one you'd like deleted? I'll see what I can do.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Eaglepilot2

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Could you please link me to the one you'd like deleted? I'll see what I can do.
Avonds F-16 w/ never flown K120 - RCU Forums

Thank you!
Old 01-02-2019, 01:45 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All set! No worries.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:07 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice subject change.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:09 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thread moved to Support forum.

-admin
Old 01-02-2019, 03:06 PM
RCFlyerDan

EaglePilot2,

I think the secret to having a successful listing is that you have to go all the way through to the pricing page. Once there, scroll down to the box at the bottom of the page. Click on the box: “Skip this step”. Every time that I have listed and done this, it automatically shows you your active listing. Also NEVER hit the refresh button on your browser. It takes you back to the beginning. But what you have typed in the listing body description is auto saved. Click on the “restore”. What has been written is there, but not other details of the listing, like title, price, etc.
I’m just trying to make the best of it. I’m having the best luck using an iPhone. Haven’t really tried the pc.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-02-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Eaglepilot2

It was my first post after they changed and I've really been dreading it. I will say, I was pleased that you can post more than one picture even if you're not a paid seller. I suppose it'll just take some getting used to.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:48 PM
RCFlyerDan

Yeah, this week was my first time too. For jets, it’s still the best discussion forums. We all just have to realize that RCU was sold, I may be wrong on this, but the new owners are not hobby people, just computer nerds and in it for the advertisement money. I’ve been registered since 2002, so back at the beginning. Initially, the Market Place was a forum based sales platform. It took at least 5 years to turn it into what we became accustomed. I politely asked for some changes that I ran across during my listings. IBJoel said he would ask tech to make the improvements. *****ing about it isn’t going to improve it. Constructive criticism will hopefully work. The owners don’t want their investment to fail, so trying to be helpful. When they bought it, I’m sure that the programming was a mess. When I help a gas or jet student with their radio and can’t figure out how the programming and mixes work from too many others adjusting the radio. I do a reset and start over. They did too, not realizing the computer asset to us.
These other guys just need to chill. And repeat this to themselves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

And I am not religious, but love that poem.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:52 PM
IBobi

Amen.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:14 PM
RCFlyerDan

Default Feedback

IBobby;

I sold some stuff this week for the first time since the changes. I’m trying to figure out how to leave positive feedback for the buyers. It used to be done from “My Market “ accessed through “My Gallery “, as pictures of my profile. Any of the My Market links go to failed pages. Can I leave feedback? And how is it accomplished? I can’t find the list of what I have for sale and/or sold. From those listings, there were links that the only two parties could contribute. I think that you got rid of the access for anyone to leave a feedback for anyone who they didn’t even have a transaction. So, if you can explain how I can leave my buyers a feedback? If it can’t be accomplished at this time, maybe you can make the transactions covered retroactive when you have it running. Like the guys have said, we buy jets and other expensive items that cost thousands from people that we have never met. Our only trust to send thousands without personally seeing the item, other then pictures, is the feedback, or lack of it. I’ve wanted some items really bad, but don’t buy it because of poor feedback.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1CAE9D7D-D928-49F9-93EF-709729BA51D9.png
Views:	19
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2263123  
Old 01-02-2019, 05:20 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
IBobby;

I sold some stuff this week for the first time since the changes. I’m trying to figure out how to leave positive feedback for the buyers. It used to be done from “My Market “ accessed through “My Gallery “, as pictures of my profile. Any of the My Market links go to failed pages. Can I leave feedback? And how is it accomplished?.
Very easy. Click on their username in any post, then click View iTrader Profile, then Submit Feedback for [user].

Old 01-02-2019, 05:54 PM
RCFlyerDan

Ok, I can get that far. Where I am now having issues it finding “Deal URL” . When on a phone, you have to change pages too often to find what you are looking for to leave the feedback. It would be great to go to a list of our current ads. What is current, what is sold, not sold, expired, etc. On those ads that have sold, you should be able to click on a link to leave feedback and not have to go looking for the url to add to the feedback. Right now, I can’t complete the feedback due to the url. I went to the ad, but at the top address it only says rcuniverse.com. I guess what I am trying to suggest, instead of going to the person’s name to leave the feedback, we should be able to go to the item’s ad and leave the feedback from there. Right now there’s too much hunting for links. Thanks
Old 01-02-2019, 05:58 PM
RCFlyerDan

There would be less chance of leaving a feedback for the wrong person.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:00 PM
IBobi

I went to the ad, but at the top address it only says rcuniverse.com.
If you actually click into your URL bar on mobile, the whole URL is there, and you can copy and paste it into the feedback.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:04 PM
IBobi

There would be less chance of leaving a feedback for the wrong person.
Since the ad IS a forum post, it includes their username, and thus the ability to go to their feedback right from there. Jusat click the member's iTrader number in the parentheses to get to their itrader page.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:18 PM
RCFlyerDan

I was able to successfully leave one feedback. Where is a place to look at all of my ads on one page? It is being frustrating trying to find the ad with all of the other forums. It isn’t in the message system on the invoices.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:18 AM
IBobi

I was able to successfully leave one feedback. Where is a place to look at all of my ads on one page? It is being frustrating trying to find the ad with all of the other forums. It isn’t in the message system on the invoices.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anyone know how we can get back our feedbacks ? I had over 20 positive feedbacks and now shows zero. I wrote to RCU but had no response.

Behzad
Old 01-03-2019, 11:26 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Does anyone know how we can get back our feedbacks ? I had over 20 positive feedbacks and now shows zero. I wrote to RCU but had no response.

Behzad
If you click your My Feedback, it's still there

RCUniverse Member Profile: DUCMOZ

I'll check why your iTrader is not showing it.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by IBobi
IBobi; Thanks, I see that on the PC, but it isn’t that way on the iPhone, that I can figure out ? Here’s one of my current ads.. If I click on my screen name, then it takes me to this page.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:22 PM
IBobi

IBobi; Thanks, I see that on the PC, but it isn’t that way on the iPhone, that I can figure out ? Here’s one of my current ads.. If I click on my screen name, then it takes me to this page.
If you use the mobile skin, it won't have all the features of the desktop site -- there's just not enough room on small screens.

If you want to do advanced things like this on a phone, you should switch to the full site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.