Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Old 01-03-2019, 12:41 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
If you use the mobile skin, it won't have all the features of the desktop site -- there's just not enough room on small screens.

If you want to do advanced things like this on a phone, you should switch to the full site.
Ah! Eureka! The lights come on now that explains all of the frustrations that those of us that are on our phone 95% of the time while on your site. I bet that you have it somewhere in the directions too, that none of us have read. This is because we’ve been using for years and feel we shouldn’t have to read the directions of how to navigate the site.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:45 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan

Ah! Eureka! The lights come on now that explains all of the frustrations that those of us that are on our phone 95% of the time while on your site. I bet that you have it somewhere in the directions too, that none of us have read. This is because we’ve been using for years and feel we shouldn’t have to read the directions of how to navigate the site.
Yeah smaller screens have room for less stuff

We'll keep working on the mobile skin, but at some point you'll just need to switch to desktop if you want to do more than read/post, which is what the mobile skin is for
Old 01-03-2019, 01:01 PM
RCFlyerDan

Well, I will say that it was pretty easy, at least for me, to post an ad. It’s easier than transferring the pictures from the phone to the pc, then list it. I was just having issues on finishing the sale details, as we’ve discuss. I almost bet more than half of the guys are having the same issues, due to the phone skin. I did go to the full website a lot to finish things.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM
IBobi

Well, I will say that it was pretty easy, at least for me, to post an ad. It’s easier than transferring the pictures from the phone to the pc, then list it. I was just having issues on finishing the sale details, as we’ve discuss. I almost bet more than half of the guys are having the same issues, due to the phone skin. I did go to the full website a lot to finish things.
I hear you! I have a feeling the transition is a little tougher for those who were used to the old MP, and would be pretty easy for newbies to use on mobile, as they do not expect every old feature to be reintroduced on mobile. We'll keep tweaking it and seeing what we can get on mobile as we move forward.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:22 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi, Thank you. the feedbacks was not showing when I placed an ad. It was saying Trader Feedback 0. I will try again.

Behzad
Old 01-03-2019, 03:01 PM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell you what I miss most is the "wish List" ! ! Miss it most as I do a lot of considering (wishing - LOL). Am I issing something ? ?
Old 01-03-2019, 03:37 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by triumphman49
Tell you what I miss most is the "wish List" ! ! Miss it most as I do a lot of considering (wishing - LOL). Am I issing something ? ?
We've asked to have it recreated... time will tell if they are able to do it, but we have recommended several upgrades to the searching functions including wish list.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:06 PM
RCFlyerDan

IBobi;

My ads have gotten old. I went and edited the ad and hit the List it now button. All of the changes took place, but the ad didn’t go back to the top of the Market List as a new listing. In order to have the listing at the top, a new forum has to be created? There’s no method, other than marking the item sold, to close out the previous listing, if a new one is created.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:09 PM
IBobi

IBobi;

My ads have gotten old. I went and edited the ad and hit the List it now button. All of the changes took place, but the ad didn’t go back to the top of the Market List as a new listing. In order to have the listing at the top, a new forum has to be created? There’s no method, other than marking the item sold, to close out the previous listing, if a new one is created.
That sounds right -- editing an old ad won't "top" the ad, because new ads go to the top.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:13 PM
RCFlyerDan

So how does the old ad go away? So that it doesn’t come up in a search when there’s a new one?
Old 01-09-2019, 03:17 PM
IBobi

So how does the old ad go away? So that it doesn’t come up in a search when there’s a new one?
You can mark it sold, or ask for it to be deleted.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:23 PM
RCFlyerDan

Thanks!

As as a suggestion, can you add “electric “ under motors?

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-09-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:16 PM
IBobi

As as a suggestion, can you add “electric “ under motors?
Yep I'll get it added!
Old 01-10-2019, 05:04 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

I'd love LOVE the option of turning off classifieds from showing up as New Posts when I'm forum surfing.

If I want forums I should be able to go to the forums, if I want ads I should be able to go there.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:46 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I'd love LOVE the option of turning off classifieds from showing up as New Posts when I'm forum surfing.

If I want forums I should be able to go to the forums, if I want ads I should be able to go there.
+1 I mentioned this back when the new owners took over. They changed part of it, but not all of it.

PS: I remember now, they took the Market Ads out of the Jet Forums.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 01-10-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:38 AM
IBobi

I will ask. Since "new posts" really is just a search function, it may not be possible, but we'll see.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Eaglepilot2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can mark it sold, or ask for it to be deleted.
So an expired ad has to be completely deleted or marked sold, and then you start it all over again without an option of reposting it? Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:46 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Eaglepilot2

So an expired ad has to be completely deleted or marked sold, and then you start it all over again without an option of reposting it? Am I understanding that correctly?
When you listing is about to expire, you should get some sort of notification that asks if you'd like to repost your ad, allowing you to repost without all the steps you mentioned. Is this not working for you?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:59 AM
Eaglepilot2

Originally Posted by IBThomas
When you listing is about to expire, you should get some sort of notification that asks if you'd like to repost your ad, allowing you to repost without all the steps you mentioned. Is this not working for you?
Hi IBThomas,
Apparently its not working for me. I didn't get any notification that it was about to expire.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:12 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi, I didn't get any notification and my ad is gone as well. In another note, I am not getting any notification when someone sends a private message. Is that function gone also?

thanks
Old 01-21-2019, 10:40 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Hi IBThomas,
Apparently its not working for me. I didn't get any notification that it was about to expire.
How long ago did your ad expire? The update with the notification went through about a month ago.

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Hi, I didn't get any notification and my ad is gone as well. In another note, I am not getting any notification when someone sends a private message. Is that function gone also?

thanks
Check your User CP and in Edit Options, make sure you're enabling yourself to receive notifications.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:36 AM
Eaglepilot2

How long ago did your ad expire? The update with the notification went through about a month ago.

Check your User CP and in Edit Options, make sure you're enabling yourself to receive notifications.
I posted it on 01-02-2019. I don't see an actual date of when it expired. The old system was 14 days, so I would assume around the 16th if that rule still applies.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Eaglepilot2

Also, it appears that I am enabled to receive messages.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

I posted it on 01-02-2019. I don't see an actual date of when it expired. The old system was 14 days, so I would assume around the 16th if that rule still applies.
Thanks, I reported your issue to tech. Hopefully we figure out what's going on.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:43 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Marketplace posts should now be excluded from new posts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.