Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Duped by seller

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 04:27 PM
bear58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duped by seller

Well after 15 years of buying 1000's of items from special interests websites, I was stupid and sent a PayPal friends and family payment to a seller on this site. I have done this before and never a problem. I have sent hundreds of dollars to people I didn't know and never a problem. After a 5 year layoff in RC due to a fire destroying all my rc stuff, I recently decided to get back into it and the first thing I wanted to replace was my radio. Hungryman had a dx8 advertised and went for it when he accepted my offer. I see he has been banned from the site (after payment was made) and now out $130. Should have been more careful but I let my good faith in people cloud my judgement. I will have to wait awhile till I can afford another radio to enjoy flying again. It's a shame that there are people that do this kind of thing. Anyway, just wanted you all to know to avoid this seller.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

That guy has been floating around, creating fake accounts and scamming our users and friends.

If a deal looks too good to be true it probably is, keep that in mind as well as friends/family is for friends and family, if someone you don't know or trust wants that, walk away.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:51 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you see something weird, you can also always report the user so a moderator can take a look at what they're up to.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 AM
BarracudaHockey

For what its worth, PayPal will usually help you out on a F/F transfer 1 time so it would be worth your time to get in touch and see what they can do for you.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
If you see something weird, you can also always report the user so a moderator can take a look at what they're up to.
I did that, reported a previously banned member's new account,,, actually he has had multiple accounts banned over many platforms, you guys did nothing
Old 03-09-2019, 04:18 AM
BarracudaHockey

Actually we banned about a dozen accounts of his and IP addresses AND i look at the marketplace daily on my own looking for new accounts of his
Old 03-12-2019, 12:04 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Huum,, I thought I posted this already,,,

Not the same guy Andy,, I see he's still selling as of today