Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Featured Adds Suck, had to wade throught 8 pages of them

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Featured Adds Suck, had to wade throught 8 pages of them

Old 10-25-2003, 05:21 PM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Featured Adds Suck, had to wade throught 8 pages of them

[:'(] The featured add situation is getting out of hand. Had to wad through 8 pages of them before you get to the regular adds. Most of it is the high Dollar stuff that would go better in a specific section. THe old forum was so much easier to navigate. Chasing money I guess. Bigger is not always better. Still way to much eye candy. Also lose the stock photo stuff, its misleading. And you cant get to the engine section from the plane section just by clicking a link. Again[:'(]
Old 10-26-2003, 12:01 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Featured Adds Suck, had to wade throught 8 pages of them

ORIGINAL: vpresley

[:'(] The featured add situation is getting out of hand. Had to wad through 8 pages of them before you get to the regular adds. Most of it is the high Dollar stuff that would go better in a specific section. THe old forum was so much easier to navigate. Chasing money I guess. Bigger is not always better. Still way to much eye candy. Also lose the stock photo stuff, its misleading. And you cant get to the engine section from the plane section just by clicking a link. Again[:'(]

Thanks for your feedback.

1. If you don't like the featured ads, drill into a specific category (instead of just browsing "airplanes" which shows every ad under airplanes, pick a category like Aerobatics or Giant and you'll see about 40 of them (1-2 pages). If you really don't like the featured ads, blame the guys who are putting them up there. We can't control the world and simply because a guy features an ad doesn't make the item something to skip, ignore or wade through.

2. Filter your search by using the advanced search and specify a price range. Many ways to skin the cat.

3. If you don't like the thumbs, turn them off. The control is right there at the top of the column with pix. If you don't like the stock photos, tell the guys that are picking the stock photos not to use them. We just offer the option. We can't control guys that use it.

4. Of course you can get to the engine section from the planes section. See that menu just below the sub-categories that says "Jump to ...." that's what that does.

Bottom line here is that there are tools we built in to accommodate the very things you are complaining about. Please take a second to use them. Let me ask you; have you ever set your default market viewing preferences? Really, before you pile on with the "this sucks" stuff, take a look around and see how you can make it work.

Thanks,

Michael