Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

No Notification of Posts to Subscribed Threads!

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

No Notification of Posts to Subscribed Threads!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Notification of Posts to Subscribed Threads!

Guys,
My email notification is STILL not working either. I think in the last 4 weeks, I have received ONE notification, and that was to THIS thread. The other 20 or 30 threads that I'm subscribed to, have had many replies, but NO notification sent to me. I haven't changed anything on my end. [][]
Old 01-10-2004, 11:00 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

check to see if any of your subscribed threads had replies since last night. I changed a setting around midnight. go to new posts and then from the drop down in there select subscribed threads to see all your subscribed threads and the time of their last reply.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Marc, a hint might be that this thread seems to be one of the ones that still gives e-mails, but most others do not. I know I still get e-mails from one or two others, but not from the vast majority of subscribed threads.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Paul Cataldo

Same for me. I just got a notification from this thread, but no others, and I have had replies since last night to other posts. I'll give it a few days and we'll see. THanks for looking into this problem. It would be so nice to get it fixed.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:09 PM
mvigod
Banned

We think we found with woketman that it was his isp. He enrolled in a spam guard which was actually tossing some emails out. Some get through and others did not. Since they recently must have changed their spam filter setting without him knowing that it caused him to draw the conclusion that some notices were being received while others were not.

Check all your spam filters on your computer. Add @rcuniverse.com to your safe senders list on your email client. Find out if your isp is doing ANY upstream filtering of emails. If so then see if they can turn it off for you and/or add rcuniverse.com to their sender white list to guarantee email we send gets through.

Also I changed an email link in the notices that get sent to remove a single href html tag which might trigger a higher spam score on some spam filters.

this is what I know for now. the emails do appear to all be sent out it is a question rather of whether the isp is allowing them to hit your client or if your email software is rejecting some as junk.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you Marc, without your expertise, I would never have figured this out. Sorry I thought it was you guys. It now appears that it was BellSouth. Thanks again!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
mvigod
Banned

no problem....I'm glad we got it figured out. I did fix 2 things in the process which may help generate emails that may not have been generated from replies by users that do the popup posting instead of inline. Also changed a link in the email to hopefully lower the "spam trigger score" of some isp's.

thanks for your help &patience with all the troubleshooting

marc
Old 01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Paul Cataldo

Marc,
Well, it looks like you did something right for sure! I'm finally getting emails again. I've received a whole bunch today. Thanks!!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Paul,

awesome...I think the 2 changes I made helped a few issues. this is very good news!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:05 PM
rsrogers

Yep as wocket man I to have Bellsouth but I did nothing on my end & I think I'm getting all the emails now. thanks Alot Marc!!

Steve
Old 01-12-2004, 02:19 PM
mvigod
Banned

The sad thing is that the spammers (junk mail senders) make it tougher each day for legitimate businesses to send email. They get more clever each day forcing the isp's and software makers to tighten up their junk mail rules which constantly causes problems with letting real email through. Worse yet this problem will grow 5 fold in the next year or two.