Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

if I make an offer

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 06:14 PM
crownvic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if I make an offer

if I make an offer on a clasified ad how do i know if it has been acccepted or rejected or is it just in limbo. do I need to withdraw the offer after a certain period of time,i am not a wizard with computers.so any help would be appreciated. thanks crownvic
Old 12-24-2003, 10:39 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: if I make an offer

Well, if you made the offer in the ad and sent an e-mail, the seller should reply by e-mail as well as in the ad. If you only made the offer in teh ad, you'd probably have to watch for the reply.

Seller is under no obligation to accept your offer (obviously), and isn't even under an obligation to reply.

Hope you get the item you wanted.
Dennis-
Old 12-25-2003, 08:10 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have several items for sale and what I am finding is that people make an offer but seem to have difficulty paying for it. If I remove the item or mark it sold and the money doesn't show up, then I am screwed. I wait until the money has arrived and then mark it sold!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:44 AM
dmunday

I am from Australia and find it frustrating when bidding and I am told as recent as yesterday
that even though I had the highest bid (the amount advertised) plus I requested the freight cost on top of this bid I was advised that that because it's an overseas bid they are not interested.
I also advised that I was prepared to T/T the funds direct to there bank account.
Seems like Ebay is the way to purchase.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:22 AM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

Well, it depends on what the ad said. If the ad specified "US Only" in the shipping terms, the seller is under no obligation to vary from that, whether he is advertising on eBay or our site. Those are simply the seller's terms. In the future, ask the seller (before you bid) whether he would consider varying from his shipping terms. This will avoid frustration and confusion.