Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Where are the Auction and Classified Tabs?

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Where are the Auction and Classified Tabs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:13 PM
f15hoss
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the Auction and Classified Tabs?

In the marketplace, I don't get the auction, classified, and all ads tabs anymore. I have gone in and changed my preferences to auctions, but I still get only classifieds, with the exception of a few featured auctions on the top level page. What's wrong?
Old 01-16-2004, 02:46 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where are the Auction and Classified Tabs?

click into any category (i.e. airplanes, engines) to see the tabs. the main market page does not show the tabs as that is only a jumping off point into the specific areas. we show a "blend" of featured items there so tabbing didn't make sense on that one page.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:43 PM
f15hoss

Marc,
I go to the RCU main page, and click market. I get the page with the list down the left, I click engines. I get classifieds only, no tabs...it looks like this...same in other categories.

Set Your Browsing Filters

SHOW ME: All Ads | Today's Posts | Within Past Week | Since Last Visit

AD TYPE: All Ads | Private Ads Only | Commercial Ads Only

SOLD STATUS: All Ads | Unsold Items Only | Sold Items Only (past 30 days)

Click here to view ads with your default filters.

Showing Listings No. 1-50 of 348
(Featured listings always shown first)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT >>

Browse Category: Engines & Motors
Thumbs No Thumbs Set Default Description Views Current Price Ad Detail
Member-Featured Ad:
MDS .78 FS Pro
HARWICH, MA 24 $50.00 Classified Ad

01/16/2004
WHIRLYBIRDMAN
Old 01-16-2004, 10:21 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the tabs are directly under the page numbers and right above the very first listing.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:44 PM
f15hoss

Marc,
I know you think that I am crazy, but....

Sometimes yes, sometimes no...

Starting from the homepage, I click on "more in the market".

I get the market homepage, no tabs as you explained earlier, so I click on "airplanes".

The airplanes homepage loads, with all the sub-categories down the left side, but no tabs.

So I go down one more level, I click on "Aerobatic and 3D", that page loads, with no tabs. Also, on all of these levels, I can't click on anything in the "sold status" line of the "set your browsing filters" dialog box, and "unsold items only" is highlighted.

Sooooo, back to the "airplanes" sub-level, and click on "Click here to view ads with your default filters". The heavens part, angels sing, and the tabs appear. The tab "auctions" comes up as the one selected, since I had changed my preference to that in an effort to regain the tabs.

Just for fun, I go "up one level" to the marketplace home page. On the left side I mouse over the "Browse Categories" menu heading. A text box appears that states "The counts shown below are for classified listings. When you change to auctions (by selecting below or licking the tab to your right) the counts will also change." Buuutttt...no tabs to the right and no auction selection below on the menu (I think that there used to be one below in red).

I have finally broken the code, but I guess my question would be, why are my "default filters" more liberal that the "stock" ones that the site loads with, and why does the text box give directions to settings that aren't there.