Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scam running

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 04:14 PM
jddickers
My Feedback: (98)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam running

Warning: Almost scammed by member # 11609. He is trying to use conterfeit cashier checks to purchase merchandise on RC Universe. Counterfeit cashiers check was caught by US custom agents coming into the US. Beware of anyone wanting you to cash a cahiers check for the purchase of merchandise and then wire him excess funds. He is very convincing with his story as why he needs you to return excess funds.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Pushrod02
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Scam running

Hey Mods, how do we do a search on a member # ? People need to know who this is so they can watch out for this person.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:15 PM
jddickers
My Feedback: (98)

Default RE: Scam running

He goes by pj. I found his member # on RCU he was using a web address of [email protected] Trust me guys this guy is slick. He told me he had purchased a item and the deal fell through. He said the party was to send me the refund check and after cashing it I was to deduct the money for the plane and keep an extra $100.00 for my trouble and wire the $2000.00 to his shipper here in the states who would then pick up the plane and ship it to him. US customs caught the conterfiet cashers check when it went through customs from UPS. I was lucky