Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Multiple Emails for new Posts?

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Multiple Emails for new Posts?

Old 12-07-2001, 04:53 AM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Emails for new Posts?

Sometimes I am getting multiple emails when a new post is made to a thread I have subscribed to.

There was only one update, but I got 2 emails the same.

What gives?
Old 12-07-2001, 03:41 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question. I will look into it. At first glance it might be that when you subscribe to a thread and check the box to have email notification it sends you one whenever somebody replies. The second email would be in the user control panel where the option is set for email there too. In the user cp "Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in"

If this is the case I could write some kind of duplication checking routine. The only fix until then would be to not check off the email notification box once you have participated in a thread knowing that your user cp option will email it for you. The other case when you subscribe to a thread but don't participate allows you to still get the email for that thread to watch the thread.

The check routine will be ideal so a user doesn't have to keep track though so I'll work on that.

RCadmin
Old 12-07-2001, 04:11 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the problem. I work in software myself and am well aware that if nobody tells you about issues then you won't know.

Keep up the good work. I am very happy with this site.