Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Poker

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 03:11 PM
john neilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poker

Started playing at 9:02 or 03 Ariz. time, 12:02 EST. Game opened to Sept. then switched to Oct. game. Then recorded 18 plays and closed out as if I had completed 35! Obviously, the first 17 plays were recorded as the prev. game! Sure enjoy it but, can I get my 17 plays back?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: Poker

Instantly!! Check your account.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Bill Giulian
My Feedback: (38)

Poker is a joke. Just started today and some are so far out there that the ordinary guy who does not buy extra on RCUniverse has no chance. Maybe you should have one contest for the priviledged and one for the ordinary members.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:32 PM
rcav8or
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Bill Giulian

Poker is a joke. Just started today and some are so far out there that the ordinary guy who does not buy extra on RCUniverse has no chance. Maybe you should have one contest for the priviledged and one for the ordinary members.
Is that what does it?? I have 35 plays, and only have 101, right about where I started. However, it's only been ONE day, and I see someone with over 2,700 points, and his power is somewhere around 4.5 per play....lessee, 2700 divided by 4.5...that's 600 plays...what did he do to get 565 plays more than me, the first day???

Typical, I guess....

r
Old 10-01-2004, 11:47 PM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: Bill Giulian

Oh, quit whinin' . Here's the rundown:

1. Certain guys went into the market and spent 30-40 bucks each to get new plays. When we saw that, we severely lowered the number of bonus plays one can get by enhancing your ads. I don't know what your definition of an "ordinary" member is, but we all spend more than that on fuel and stuff. This guy spent it on the game. Hardly privileged.

2. You can win without having the most RCUBucks. Look at the contest. These guys that rack up more plays statistically have LOWER power indexes. The power index winners also have 10 slots and good prizes.

3. You can also redeem your bucks for prizes.

4. Oh yeah, you can earn a few extra plays by rating product in the Product Guide. It's free.

5. IT'S JUST A GAME!! IT'S FREE. HAVE FUN WITH IT. PLAY AND TRY TO PLAY WELL. One guy with 35 plays earned over 1,000 points (lucky hit certainly but it can happen).

Michael
Old 10-02-2004, 06:21 AM
douglasmcl
My Feedback: (4)

Well were is the game? How come the link is gone?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:37 AM
mkranitz
Banned

Slide your mouse over the "RC Community" button.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:42 AM
smitty70

Yea, the game is bogus. The first day it opened in Oct. the top few had already played several hundred times. If you had nothing better to do you could write bogus reviews all day and earn extra plays and win the contest. What kind of contest is that? Just put a big red button on the screen and who ever clicks it the most wins. I know it is more involved than that but not much. Just my .02.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:09 AM
mkranitz
Banned

No, the game is not "bogus". You just didn't get a jump on things like some other members did. Also, we moderate the reviews and have deleted "bogus" reviews and the winnings associated with those members.

Also, if you bothered to read, there are TWO winner boards. Both have the same prizes. On one board, the more you play the LESS likely you are to win. That's the Power Index board. Take a look.

There will be no bonus plays offered to any members in next month's game.

Perhaps we should just cancel the game since it upsets so many members who can't win the RCU Bucks board...?

Michael
Old 10-05-2004, 10:35 PM
rcav8or

Seems like both times Poker has started and re-started (Oct. 1), I saw a column that said "number of plays" that seems to dissappear. Am I missing it, or are you taking it back off on purpose?

I, for one, would appreciate being able to see the number of plays...

R
Old 10-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Hondalan
My Feedback: (45)

I started the new game on Oct 1 and received 100 points to start with. On Oct 5 my wife saw me playing and decided to create her own screen name (she flies also) so she could play also. She received 1000 points to start. I am wondering why the difference?
Also why is it that a high pair has to be face cards. But yet when I get a 9 or above it takes points away for a high card?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:06 PM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: Hondalan

I started the new game on Oct 1 and received 100 points to start with. On Oct 5 my wife saw me playing and decided to create her own screen name (she flies also) so she could play also. She received 1000 points to start. I am wondering why the difference?
Also why is it that a high pair has to be face cards. But yet when I get a 9 or above it takes points away for a high card?
The 1,000 points is odd. We gave folks 100 points.

As for the "high pair" requirement, it's a common game called "Jacks or Better". In Las Vegas, you will typically find games that require a pair of Jacks or better to be in the money. Here, you don't lost money if you have a low pair, you just don't win. You only lose with a hand that has no pairs or worse.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Hondalan

So why does it take points away for a high card when the highest card that I have is a 9? It should be a jack or higher to loose points.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:02 AM
rcav8or

Hondalan - Boy, I hope you drug her out to buy a whole bunch of lottery tickets!! You can't beat that kind of luck!!!

R
Old 10-07-2004, 12:05 PM
mkranitz
Banned

So why does it take points away for a high card when the highest card that I have is a 9? It should be a jack or higher to loose points.
You've lost me completely. You lose points when you don't get a pair. You get points when you get a pair of jacks or better.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:48 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a pair consisting of Jacks or better to win a point, a pair of anything less than Jacks will be a push (neither win or lose). High single card is a loss of 2 points.

It pretty much follows a real game...a single high card rarely (if ever) wins.

You do realize that you're just trying to make a best hand...you aren't actually playing against anybody in real time. The only way to "beat" somebody is to beat their score.

Don

Old 10-07-2004, 01:35 PM
rcav8or

How nice - our current "Bucks" leader has 4,661 bucks...with a power of 5.56, that's 838 plays, or 120 a day...talk about enhancement!!

Hmmmmm....

R
Old 10-07-2004, 06:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost last night here in vegas playing some video poker. At least on RCU you can only win something...you can't lose
Old 10-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Hondalan

If you don't have a pair or anything that pays it takes points away if you have a high card. You said that a high pair is jacks or higher and I understand that. What I don't understand is that I have had points taken away for having a 9 of hearts and it said I lost because of having a high card. But, I thought that high cards were jacks and higher. I want to know why the difference in what A high card is?
Old 10-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Hondalan

I just lost 2 points for having a 7 of diamonds. How is that a high card????????
Old 10-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

"High card" does not mean that the cards in your hand are high cards. It means that the level of your hand is based on the highest card in your hand whether it be a 7 or an ace. It means that you do not have a minimum pair. For instance, if your hand is 2 3 4 5 7, the high card is a 7, if your hand is 5 7 9 10 J A, the high card is the ace. Either way, the hand is a loser and you get 2 points taken away.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:16 AM
hogrider9603

First off let me say thanks for the game. It relieves the stress of my drive to work every day to play first thing in the morning.

That said, I would like clarification on the rules for the POWER SCORE ratings. The rules mention something about 600. What is that? Also I notice that the highest POWER RATING winner so far has a rating of 5.something. My rating is over 6. Why am I not listed?

Having read the posts in this forum, I would like to suggest that you eliminate the extra plays for reviews or for enhancing ads. I think the game would be much more fun for everyone if we all just got 35 plays a day and that's it. Makes for a more level playing field and those that don't happen to have ads running don't get penalized for that. Then you could eliminate the POWER RATING prizes and just let us win on score.

Please take these suggestions as just that and not as rants. My feelings won't be hurt if you don't like them. [8D]

Thanks again for the game.

Joe
Old 10-14-2004, 08:17 PM
mkranitz
Banned

ORIGINAL: hogrider9603

First off let me say thanks for the game. It relieves the stress of my drive to work every day to play first thing in the morning.

That said, I would like clarification on the rules for the POWER SCORE ratings. The rules mention something about 600. What is that? Also I notice that the highest POWER RATING winner so far has a rating of 5.something. My rating is over 6. Why am I not listed?

Having read the posts in this forum, I would like to suggest that you eliminate the extra plays for reviews or for enhancing ads. I think the game would be much more fun for everyone if we all just got 35 plays a day and that's it. Makes for a more level playing field and those that don't happen to have ads running don't get penalized for that. Then you could eliminate the POWER RATING prizes and just let us win on score.

Please take these suggestions as just that and not as rants. My feelings won't be hurt if you don't like them. [8D]

Thanks again for the game.

Joe
Thanks Joe.

You have to have 600 plays in order to qualify for a Power Rating award. We are going to eliminate bonus plays for ad enhancements next month. If anything, we may award a single bonus play to users who give a product rating. We might eliminate the power score if we eliminate the bonuses. Thanks for your ideas. We hear ya!

Michael
Old 10-15-2004, 10:40 AM
hogrider9603

Thanks for the clarification.

Joe
Old 10-15-2004, 10:16 PM
cannonball200
My Feedback: (36)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc,

The 6000 point guy deal is a joke I will agree. I like playing to releive the stress also and it is just plain fun. I have played nearly every time and hung in there for a few days till the funny stuff starts happening.
Thanks any way for the game. Just make it straight up with no wrinkles....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.