Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RC hobby Market SLUMP?

Old 11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC hobby Market SLUMP?

I've been doing this for 10 years and lately it seems things have been very slow to sell. I remember the time we used to list items and sell them by the next day. I've had a 33% Custom Extra 330 for sale under the market for a month now with no bites, and it took me twice as long to sell other items. Are people just not in a buying mood, or has everything swayed towards electrics??[&:]
Old 11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: RC hobby Market SLUMP?

If you are talking about things here in the RCU marketplace I think maybe some of it has to do with the sellers. I make offers and then dont here back until they send a PM asking for more than what they originally asked for or they just dont respond or follow through. Case in point, recently I made an asking price offer on an item minutes after it had been posted, after a few days of not getting a response I email the seller and he tells me that there are others offereing more. While I cant fault the guy for taking a better offer, why would you post a price, get that offer within no time flat and then not sell it because you are holding out for a better price.

Lots of folks use the classified like an auction. After offering asking price on several items I have yet to have a follow through from the seller. Just my 2 cents and why I am less releuctant to buy on the marketplace now.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might be that what your selling is pretty large and there are a limited amount of buyers for a plane that size. I've heard others with giant planes say the same thing lately. I sold two engines on RCU and they went pretty fast. I never bought anything so I can't say anything there.

Also it's hard to fault people for waiting for a higher price, that's human nature. Doing that in excess is not fair but it's reality.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

I dont think me as the seller is the problem (19 perfect feedback) and I dont hassle buyers. I guess there is just not much of a market for a 33% size plane online, much less at this time of year.. Too bad, as its a heck of a nice buy. [&o]
Old 11-19-2004, 12:20 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

I tell you what I'd buy one if I have the right vehicle. I just don't feel like buying a new vehicle to buy a new plane. Next time I buy a car, I will take the hobby into account. [8D]

ORIGINAL: Coulter_Dean

I dont think me as the seller is the problem (19 perfect feedback) and I dont hassle buyers. I guess there is just not much of a market for a 33% size plane online, much less at this time of year.. Too bad, as its a heck of a nice buy. [&o]
Old 11-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Hey, I hear ya. I just bought a gorgeous Stuka from Memphisbelle, super cheap. He didn't get decent offers, and cut the price even more for me! Everything but the transmitter, ready to fly, with G62, custom functioning exhaust, details out the wazoo, all glassed Ziroli plane. I can barely get it in my Bravada, but will have a blast with it next spring.

It's a buyer's market, buyers take advantage of it!
Best wishes,
Dave Olson

ORIGINAL: Coulter_Dean

Old 11-22-2004, 10:06 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try upgrading your ad for more visibility? Not trying to push you to spend money here but the volume of ads in the last 2 months has gone up significantly. This makes your ad one of a larger pool of ads. If you want your ad to be seen by more users a feature upgrade, forum feature upgrade, homepage upgrade, etc might help it move faster. Those who upgrade ads on RCU sell faster and for more money on average by a significant percentage according to our stats that we mine.