Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

When a Trade goes bad..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:25 PM
WESTY
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When a Trade goes bad..

I had made a trade with a fellow RCU member (ART) I had posted a up for sale or trade a Tmaxx that i had about 2,200 into and very little run time knowing that I would never get my money back I went looking for a nice Tamiya Semi or any other Monster truck..After sifting threw a bunch of offers I settled on a King Hauler that was to be RTR and in new shape with a new paint job on it..So I started asking the normal questins about the truck cause I am big into near perfect modles..I asked about the body and it shape that it was in (Oh it is perfect new paint and looks great) ok so i looked at the picks and it looked nice, and I asked about the shape the chrome parts were in and i was told (They are all looking great and they looked great to him) ok so i went on ask if there was anything that I should know about it and I was told (No you will be very happy with it) Ok so I know I was going to take a hit in value between the Tmaxx and a RTR King Hauler but for a realy nice one I would be happy..So after a bunch of hassel on shipping with this guy that he would ship as soon as he got the tracking numbers for my box and he assured me that he was a good seller and i could check his feedback on ebay and he had no problems in the past so I figuared I was in good hands..So after a few days go by and I am tracking my package as it makes it's way to him it get s to him and he still has not shipped..He finaly ships the day after he gets my Tmaxx and it shows 4 days later..Well when i get the box the truck is pretty much rooling around with nothing around it and the box is half opened I open it up and here is this truck that is in peices and was not RTR but would be after about 2 houres of work the body is junk it had a paint job on it that my 5 year old could do better and the body had 2 crackes in it and some road rash and big nicks in it and was no good to me. The tires were dry rotted rims all marked up and all the chrome parts are shot..So he I have a truck that is worth about $200.00 if I am lucky and is going to need about $150.00 to $200.00 put into it I email this clown and would'nt you know it he never emails me back..So i am just wondering if this falls under enternet fraud and i can go after him or am I s**t out of luck..Or is there someone on RCU that can turn this person into??

Anything you guys could tell me would be helpful...Thanks guys and gals
Old 11-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: When a Trade goes bad..

Take the first few steps in problem transactions and go from there. First, file a formal complaint in the marketplace to keep record of the incident and let others know this member has an unresolved complaint against him. Second, submit a negative rating on him and explain in detail (as you did above) the facts. Both of these things will help to warn others against this member and may be a start to getting your deal resolved.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:38 PM
WESTY
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When a Trade goes bad..

How do I file a formal complaint with RCU