MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Paypal link

Old 01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Paypal link

The paypal link for buyers is apparently adding the amount of the (original offer) plus (the amount listed as shipping) for the total.

When making an invoice the price and shipping and total are correct. It seems not to allow the buyer to change the amount of the total.

Instead of using the price + shipping = invoice total it is using offer + shipping = total amount to be paid

I hope that I'm explaining this correctly. Is this the way it is suposed to work?
Old 01-13-2005, 07:32 PM
mkranitz
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Paypal link

I am going to modify the code so that the PayPal link DOES NOT appear for the buyer UNTIL the seller invoices the item. That way, the pricing will be correct 100% of the time. Let me know if you perceive an issue here.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:02 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will let you know how it works, thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just let you know this is still happening. The paypal link for buyers is apparently adding the amount of the (original offer) plus (the amount listed as shipping) for the total.

When making an invoice the price and shipping and total are correct.

My invoice came e-mailed to me correctly. The buyer invoice still added the amount of the offer (which was the price + shipping). When I made out the invoice, I changed the price to the lesser amount and filled in the shipping to get the correct total.

Instead of using the "invoice price" + shipping = invoice total It is using "offer" + shipping = total amount to be paid
Old 02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
mkranitz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

UGH!!! I'll take a look. Must be humid in the server room.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:52 PM
mkranitz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: guver

Just let you know this is still happening. The paypal link for buyers is apparently adding the amount of the (original offer) plus (the amount listed as shipping) for the total.

When making an invoice the price and shipping and total are correct.

My invoice came e-mailed to me correctly. The buyer invoice still added the amount of the offer (which was the price + shipping). When I made out the invoice, I changed the price to the lesser amount and filled in the shipping to get the correct total.

Instead of using the "invoice price" + shipping = invoice total It is using "offer" + shipping = total amount to be paid
Guver,

I looked at the code and ran a few samples. The link is using offer amount + shipping for total (plus tax if you add it in the invoice). This is how it should be. You are either accepting the offer, as given, or you reject it and invite a new offer. Otherwise, the seller could just invoice the buyer for any amount and claim it was correct.

There does NOT seem to be an issue with shipping. If you see one, show me the item and tell me how it's lumping the shipping in with the price before it totals it. I can then look at it.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is what is going on. I accepted an offer (including shipping) when I invoiced I reduced the price and put the shipping where it belonged. If this is the way it is suposed to work, then it is A-ok.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:05 PM
mkranitz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guv --

No. You should be able to accept the offer then add shipping on the invoice and it works automatically. Don't reduce the price. Not necessary.

MK
Old 02-28-2005, 06:30 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, but the offer included shipping. I would like the invoice to reflect the true selling price and the shipping seperate in the unlikely event of a refund. I would not refund the total, just the selling price. Not a big deal really. It just seems that it should go by what the seller puts on the invoice instead of the offer + the shipping and tax. It is working just as you intended I think.

Thanks for help.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:43 PM
mkranitz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ooooohhhhh! Wow. Now I understand. I may have to amend the offer form to handle shipping separately. Lemme noodle on this....
Old 02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's what happens. The buyer makes anoffer and writes in the comments "with shipping" I accept it, then when I make the invoice I want to split it up to give the right values to the selling price and the shipping. When the invoice comes to me it is perfect, but when the buyer goes to pay thru paypal it is adding the shipping to the "offer " amount.