Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

An aircraft sales ethics question

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

An aircraft sales ethics question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:00 PM
gr8johnson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An aircraft sales ethics question

I have a question about a situation i am in trying to sell a plane. Here is the deal. i listed a 60 size plane that was built already on the RCU marketplace. i wanted it to be a pickup only. someone made me an offer if i would ship it greyhound. i said i would do it and took the offer. he said he would pay for packaging and shipping and pay full price. so of course i said yes. we sent a couple emails back and forth . since than another person has inquired about the plane. i told him the sale was pending. since i have boxed up the plane i have not heard from the first person. i have sent him messages asking about his location so i can get a price for shipping. i sent the last email on 1/28 asking for his location. he has not given me his location. he has not responded back to me. the last i heard from him was 1/25 and he told me to get a price and he would paypal and i could ship. so now i am wondering if it was too soon to contact the other guy and see if he is still interested? should i wait a while longer? would it be unethical to call this other guy? thanks for your opinions.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: An aircraft sales ethics question

Tough to say. I know that there have been times where I was away, unable to check my emails for a few days. I would give him 2 weeks to respond. In the mean time, email this other fellow, let him know the situation, and see if he is still interested just in case.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

I agree with crash, although I would not give the first guy 2 weeks. One should be plenty. Meanwhile, do let the second person know it's pending and that if it falls through that he's next on the list.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a JR system for sale here about 7 months ago. A nice guy called and wanted it. Then, he wanted to wait until after the weekend as they had a fly in and he wanted to eyeball what would be there. I made it clear that I would take any offers while he shopped. Very friendly guy and I understood. In the meantime, someone else wanted it and we concluded the deal. First guy calls and gets slightly miffed that I didn't hold it for him. He was okay about it in the end as far as how I handled the sale, but he wasn't happy about missing out on buying it from he.

If you wait on deadbeats you may miss a real transaction. You would be out of the money both ways, the deadbeat and a potential buyer.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

My personal opinion on making an offer or posting an item for sale is that if you are going to be away from the computer and out of email contact, dont make bids a few days before.

Why make an offer one day knowing that you will be away from the computer the whole next week? I think it is irresponsible to the other person. So far I have had two different offers accepted here on RCU at asking price, only to never hear back again from the seller. Thats just a pet peeve of mine.

If doesnt email you back within a week I think you have waited long enough.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:33 AM
screwed over
Banned

I agree with Gringo.
Why didn't he tell you on the 25th he was going to be away. Sell it to the other guy
Old 01-31-2005, 08:01 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Brad-A
Why didn't he tell you on the 25th he was going to be away. Sell it to the other guy
Communication is a TWO way process. From the OP, the buyer asked for a price on 1/25. The seller asked for a location on the 28th, 3 days later. Just 2 days after this, the seller started complaining that the buyer was non-responsive. If the buyer went away for the weekend it's easy to understand why he hasn't replied. He's probably been sitting on the other end stewing that the seller isn't being responsive. He asked on Tuesday, it seems reasonable that he should have received a response before Friday, unless the seller told him it would take a few days to get a shipping price. Perhaps we should ease up a bit on this anonymous buyer and see what happens now that the weekend is over.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

That why I said wait a week, and if you a havent heard anything than it is ok ot go ahead. When this happens to me I generally send a friendly email saying that if I dont hear back from them at the end of the week I will withdraw the offer.