Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

RCU should be for buyers and not obly the sellers

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RCU should be for buyers and not obly the sellers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Sea Bird
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU should be for buyers and not obly the sellers

My question is when will RCU also be for the buyer & not only for the seller? I filed a complaint against *member's name removed by moderator* because I was the only person who bid on his add with the dollar amount he said was his minimum and he went ahead and sold the plane to another for the same price out of the RCU network. I was told that the seller can sell their products to whoever they want, however they want. This is not be fair to the buyers, why have an offer process if it is only followed by the buyers? It would seem to me that RCU should be for everyone & not just the sellers. Anyone out there have any comments on this?[>:]
Old 02-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: RCU should be for buyers and not obly the sellers

Was this add placed in the Auction or classified section?
Old 02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Ducks,
RCUniverse has built the Marketplace so that it is fair to both buyers and sellers. Sellers with non-auction ads can accept or reject any offer for any reason. This is the same as any other classified listing such as an open bulletin board or a news paper. The big difference with the Marketplace is that both buyers and sellers can track the transaction and research the person they are thinking about dealing with to see if they have good, bad or no history. This is something you simply cannot do on one of the aforementioned venues. Your offer may have been rejected for any number of reasons but some of the most common, that I have seen, are distance to ship and poor feedback history. Since your history is not poor, this would not apply to you. You might want to consider sending a PM to the seller and ask why your offer was rejected. Requiring sellers to accept to the first offer for their asking price could also lead to problems since the seller would not have the option to reject a bid from someone whom they have had problems with in the past or has history of not completing their transactions in a timely manner. The current system allows for open, low pressure communication so that both buyers and sellers alike are comfortable with the transaction they enter into. I may be wrong, but I believe the ad in question in this situation was one where the seller ended up selling the item locally just before you made your offer.

Thank you,
John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 02-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Sea Bird

My offer was rejected after *member's name removed by moderator* recieved an e-mail from me asking how the plane was sold when I was the only one who made an offer and that is the only reason. I offered the same dollar figure that the person who bought this plane offered. While what you say is nice to read,the bottom line is RCU has an offer process and this should be used. If the seller can go ahead and sell their products to anyone who sends them an e-mail then why have an offer process? Of course what you said is expected because you are a part of the RCU process and would not admit there were any problems witn RCU.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Sea Bird

It was in the classified section. I made an offer using the RCU process that the buyer said he would take. The next day he tells me that the plane was sold & I asked how that could be as I was the only one that made him an offer. He sold it to someone who sent him an e-mail. To make a long story short I feel that I got screwed & RCU said thats okay and in so many words has said that the RCU market is for sellers & not for buyers.

Ya maybe I think I think to much too.

Cheers
Old 02-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

mrducks38

Not sure if I'm allowed to post here or not but I am with RCU on this one.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Sea Bird

You are entitled to your opinon and I am entitled to mine. like I said RCU is for sellers & not for buyers. Cheers
Old 02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mrducks38

You are entitled to your opinon and I am entitled to mine. like I said RCU is for sellers & not for buyers. Cheers
since he accepted your offer you may rate him accordingly for backing out of the deal. he accepted your offer thus there was a meeting of the minds legally. RCU wants everyone to be happy and every deal to go smooth and we provide the best tools to try and ensure this but you of course realize that ultimately the transactions are between the 2 parties involved. If things go south please please use the ratings as that is what keeps the marketplace participants honest and inline.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Sea Bird

He did not accept anyones offer, he simply sold the plane out of the system to another buyer that asked for a bottom line price using the RCU system. The bottom line here is I used the RCU offer system as required with an offer the buyer said he would accept. This is not keeping within the SPIRIT of the RCU system. This seller took his sweet time responding to e-mails because he new what he did was wrong. He went on say he would order me a plane & sell it to me at the price he quoted me then changed his mind because after a week I asked when the plane will be delivered I discovered he never intended to do this.. How can RCU say what he did was okay? Maybe the sellers tax's could be audited by the IRS just to see how honest they really are? I have delt in good faith with every seller that I have negotiated with, my track record on RCU & E-Bay is perfect. All I ask is the same treatment from the seller, no more, no less.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:58 PM
mvigod
Banned

Ok. So let me understand here correctly. You made an offer at his asking price and he did not accept it? If he did not accept it then the deal was not closed. A classified ad it not an auction remember. A member can choose to take full price offers or not. Only once he has responded via the system and accepts it should he be bound. What if you put something up for $100 and 10 people offer full price? Are you going to take the first offer and reject the other 9? The other 9 would argue they agreed to the price offered and should get it right? What if the first guy had 9 bad feedback ratings and buyer #2 had 150 positive ratings? Would you take the first offer? This is why the deal is not consummated until the seller officially accepts an offer. There is more then price when it comes to buying and selling online. What about shipping even?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Sea Bird

He did nothing with my offer, he went ahead & sold the plane out of the system without looking to see if anyone had made an offer. Look if you wish to waste my time defending the seller then I have better things to do with my time. All this rigamaroll you are printing is documentation that RCU is for the seller and to hell with the buyer. That is what I am reading here, so be it. I will waste no more time on this as no matter what I say, RCU is going to defend the buyer. I think I will go ahead and see just how honest the seller in question really is seeing I am retired and have plenty of time on my hands. Thanks a bunch, this was really an education.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Very well then. We wish you the best of luck in your travels for better markets and better sellers.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Sea Bird

Thank you very much, I am sure there are sellers out there that are very honest, but *member's name removed by moderator* is not one of them.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:20 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I remember this situation very clearly when the complaint was originally filed. The seller sold the item to a local buyer before it was known there was an offer made through the site.

John
Old 02-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Sea Bird

The sale was not local as I checked on it. Like I said, the seller is NOT honest. He should have checked to see if there were any offers as its possible that the RCU offer might have been more than the off RCU offer. Sounds a little nutty don't you think?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

If the seller did not have access to a computer to check the status of his ad at the time the other offer was made, why should that keep him from selling the kit to that person right then and there? This would be the same as you posting an ad in the newspaper , classified ad, for your car. You also happen to have a sign in the window of your car stating it's for sale. You are out driving around and someone sees the sign. You and they talk and an offer is made. You negotiate, make an agreement and sell the car right there on the spot. When you get home you find there is a message on your answering machine from someone else making an offer from the newspaper ad. Was it dishonest of you to sell the car to the person you met in person? Of course not.

Let's back up to your complaint specifically though. The seller of the model in question is a commercial seller. He sold the last model he had in stock, the one you bid on, to a local person. I looked in to this as well. When he saw you had made an offer, he said he was sorry and explained what happened. He went on to offer to order another of these models from his distributor and sell it to you at the same price you bid. You declined so he turned around and opened another ad for 2 of the very same model you had originally bid on. This seller has very good feedback and has never had a complaint before now. He did not do anything dishonest.

Please, I really think it's time to move on and leave this whole experience behind us all.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 02-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Sea Bird

Your right, time to move on and I think I said this awhile back when I said I wished to not waste my time on this anymore. You can tell me until you are blue in the face that this seller is a square dealer and I won't be convinced. His ratings are based on actual sales and not on how he really does business. The sale he made was on the computer to an out of state buyer so he had access to the computer. He could have checked his RCU posting for offers in a few seconds but did not do so. Like I said, RCU is for the seller and to hell with the buyer. With that in mind lets not waste our time going over a dead horse. I will no longer respond to anymore posings, its a waste of time. Thank you & Happy Landings
Old 02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Sea Bird

Forgot to mention this, the seller did not know I made an offer until I contacted him, he said he would sell me the same type plane for the price I offered BUT He changed his mind. I never told this seller that I did not want the plane he offered. This is why I say he is dishonest, he tells me one thing & tells you another story. But then again, if the seller gets the dirty end of the stick, its okay.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

We'll end this one on that note