Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

auction

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:56 AM
cncfoam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auction

Is there a place on RCU in the classifieds, where you can post an ad about a link to stuff you have for sale on Ebay.

I know that cnczone has a separate listing for links to auctions.

thanks.

Eric
Old 02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: auction

No. RCU rules don't allow promotion of ebay ads. Our position is that everyone knows how to find ebay and rcu should not be a dumping ground for promoting ads there. Also we have our own auction which is free compared to ebay's and we have more hardcore rc users here then ebay gets.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 PM
cncfoam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the information,

I will use this next time.

thanks
Eric
Old 02-16-2005, 11:06 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are welcome.

An exception to note regarding links is if a product on ebay provides a solution to a members question in an an ongoing thread a link to that solution is allowed. For example if I wanted to know how to keep from breathing fiberglass fumes in while cutting cowls and a member pointed me to a respirator that was for auction on ebay it would be fine. But "check out my xyz on ebay" would not be allowed because it is just a promotion of an ad (advertisement) in our discussion forums which isn't what members want littered throughout our forums. Easier to just go to ebay and search or better yet hit the RCU marketplace classified or auction Our pricing is better for sellers (FREE) and our traffic is huge. You can feature your item from our market in our discussion forums and then it will show in all appropriate forums to help promote your item and that enhancement is only 2 bux.