Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

New Enforcement of Rules in Market

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

New Enforcement of Rules in Market

Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Enforcement of Rules in Market

Hey Folks;

This is to advise all users of the RCU market that we will be strictly enforcing the "Commercial" labeling of all ads. The rule has always been the same, but we have noticed that some members have taken advantage of the rule.

Here it is in black and white:

If you acquire R/C items for your own personal use and decide to sell them on RCU, the listing is NOT commercial.

If you acquired R/C items with the intent to resell the item at some point, the listing on RCU IS COMMERCIAL. This applies to individuals who acquire items from estate sales, auctions, distributors, or whomever with the intent to resell the item. It also applies to manufacturers of the items they are selling. The rule is NOT focused on whether selling R/C stuff is your business or not. The rule simply addresses the nature of the transaction you are posting at the time. So, if an R/C business owner has a personal airplane he wants to sell, it's NOT commercial. On the other hand, if Joe Sunday-Racer has 20 turnbuckles that he bought with a mind to resell them, his ad IS commercial.

I hope that is clear. We want to be fair in our application of the rule and will be enforcing it. If your ads are posted as non-commercial and they should be commercial, they will be marked as such and charges will apply.

This is one way we can help support the market and keep it FREE for personal sellers. Thanks in advance for abiding by the rule. If you see an ad that looks like it might be in violation, please use the "Report to Moderator" link on that ad.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 03-16-2005, 12:36 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Enforcement of Rules in Market

As Michael stated above, this has been the rule since the beginning so it is not anything new. But, we have noticed that not everyone is following the rule as it's written so it's time to pull in the reigns a bit. If there are any questions or concerns, please send me a PM and we can discuss how this may affect you on your future ads.

Thank you,
John
Marketplace Moderator