Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Trading Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:10 AM
tooserious4u79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading Problem

I recently got an offer for my 2 rc helis item #208444 to trade for item #212974. The problem is I shipped my item first. The item got to him Friday August 4. He waited until sunday august 6 to tell me he did not want to trade because the reciever on the walkera had the antenna broken 1 inch away from the base. But my problem was that he said the walkera was the first one he checked out instead of packaging everything back up he decides to charge up the other heli which is new in the box and flies it. Then decides he doesn't want to trade after he plays with them. After he send me the email I am pissed because I inspected both of the helis and they both were fine and the walkera was flight worthy it hovered a couple feet off of the ground (I didn't hover it I took it to a local hobby shop and they checked it and hovered it). Now I check my rcu account and there is no place were I can leave feedback for him. I haven't recieved any more emails from him since sunday he hasn't said anything about when he is going to send them back. And now I am trying to stay calm until I get my helis back. I don't know what to do. I know one thing I will do if I don't get my stuff back I will take a visit to Kentucky. Also when he told me the antenna was broken I told him I would either send him the money to replace the whole unit or send him another. Still he refused. Now there is no way I can sell it as new in the box I'm thinking when he flew the GWS he bought it. He said the Walkera blades would rotate but not create lift. Personally I think he overcharged it and is trying to cover it up by sending it back to me.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Trading Problem

I looked at your ads offer history. You could not post a rating for the other member because you rejected his offer instead of accepting it. I have corrected this. You can now not only post feedback, and file a formal complaint using the form at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace.

If the other member accepted your trade, and used it, it's his unless he's willing to work out something with you and return both items. If one of the heli's was NIB and he has used it, then it would only be reasonable that he should reimburse you for whatever value the item has lost now that it is used instead of NIB. If he does not wish to do this, then you should file a complaint against him.

I must also suggest that you do not use terms such as "I'm going to visit him" or anything like that. Most people would consider that a threat against their person. The better alternative would be to contact his local police as well as the FBI's internet fraud division and allow law enforcement to handle this if he is unwilling to work with you.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JWN This is one of the best responses that I have ever read buy one of the moderators on RCU. Your action, and the advice you give to tooserious 4u79, are to be commended. Thanks for a job well done. Bob
Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
tooserious4u79

First of all thank you for the swift response. I am going to try and contact him. He stated in his email sunday that he was going to send them back but he didn't say when. When he said the reciever antenna was broken I offered to fix the problem or pay him for it because I did not see it when it was shipped. I thought when you agree to a trade it is a binding agreement. When I said I was going to visit him I did mean a threat I mean to get my stuff back (accompanied by the authorities of course). Thanks
Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please let us know how this turns out. We need to know who this guy is if he proves to be dishonest trader.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
tooserious4u79

The heli that I was trading was almost New it had one flight. I guess that was my bad the I guess the reason why I said it was NIB was because I didn't fly it the first time. My co-worker hovered it. But he has about 20 years of building and flying rc aircraft and real aircraft. So I guess I don't have a case sorry to waste your time.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:38 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Bob,
Thank you for the kind words. We all do our best to try and be as fair as possible to everyone.

tooserious4u79,
Don't worry, you are not wasting anyone's time.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM
tooserious4u79

O.k. I am back again and I am really dissappointed. I just recieved my helis back and the walkera is missing the little knob off of the controller antenna. Then the I inspected the GWS and it had a few nicks and scratches on the blades and the tail rotor was split. This heli only had 1 flight. When I sent it to him it didn't have any scratches nicks nothing! Luckally I took a lot of pics of the helis. I reviewed them and also found that the little rubber stops on rails for the battery is missing (4ea). There is no doubt that the stuff is missing because I took the pics with a 6.1 mega pixel digital camera. I am really pissed. It seems that this guy did just what I thought he did played with my stuff decided he didn't want them and sent them back. O by the way he shipped it back to me in the box I shipped it to him in he switched the to and from on the outside of the box. So the box sat in limbo for about 2 days after the notification they left on my door step . If wouldn't have talked to the supervisor in the post office the box would have been in on its way back to the sender or stuck in the twilight zone. I am sooo mad if I knew this was going to happen I would have never attempted to trade my helis. Now I don't know what I can do accept wine about the whole situation. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:25 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

As stated in my first response, you should post an appropriate feedback against the other member as well as file a fraud complaint against them. You will find the complaint form linked at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace. Posting a complaint against the other member will 1) alert the other member that a complaint has been filed against him, 2) warn other members that a complaint has been filed against him which has not been resolved, and 3) allow us to properly track the situation with the possibility of his account being suspended should he fail to properly resolve the situation.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
tooserious4u79

I'm sorry but I want to make sure I have a case against this guy I don't want to waste both of our time. I sent him an email yesterday about the state of my helis and what was wrong, basically telling him that I was dissapointed and this is his reply:

(hi, yes i got your last email, i have just been busy. And i am sorry that you aren't happy with the condition i shipped them back to you in. But come on now we are adults here. And you're complaining over some 20 cent rubber pieces and a $4 tail blade? I mean if it really trully means that much to you i will send you the money to replace those parts. But but if i were you i'd be happy that i was as kind as i was seeing as the fact you sent me broken merchandise and misrepresented them. And yes it was misrepresentation. And i had to waste $20 of my money on nothing just so you could get them back. Most people wouldn't even bother paying to ship them back. But make you pay instead. So if you want to get nasty about it than i can to. I just want this to be worked out as friendly as possible. So you let me know what you want to do.)

I know that the gws wasn't new in the box but it only had one flight. When I sent it it looked like new when I got it back it looked a little worn. I just know it has been in a crash because the blades have scratched tips with white residue on the ends and the rubber stops that hold the battery is missing and as I stated earlier the tail rotor is cut. I know that these are minial pieces that broken/worn but there is no way I can get the same value for my helis now than what they were worth before he got his hands on them. Also on the walkera it hovered and flew around at my local hobby shop with a broken antenna. If I still have a case I will go ahead and file a complaint and post the appropriate feedback. If I don't I probably just won't list anything ever again.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
tooserious4u79

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on my situation.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Please review the previous posts I made in this thread. When I review your account I note you have neither posted feedback for the other member nor filed a complaint.

Have you asked the other member what his intentions are to reimburse you for the use/damage to your models? If so, what was his response?
Old 08-22-2006, 05:03 AM
tooserious4u79

This was the last email I recieved from him:

hi, yes i got your last email, i have just been busy. And i am sorry that you aren't happy with the condition i shipped them back to you in. But come on now we are adults here. And you're complaining over some 20 cent rubber pieces and a $4 tail blade? I mean if it really trully means that much to you i will send you the money to replace those parts. But but if i were you i'd be happy that i was as kind as i was seeing as the fact you sent me broken merchandise and misrepresented them. And yes it was misrepresentation. And i had to waste $20 of my money on nothing just so you could get them back. Most people wouldn't even bother paying to ship them back. But make you pay instead. So if you want to get nasty about it than i can to. I just want this to be worked out as friendly as possible. So you let me know what you want to do.

This is the email I sent back to him:

You know what, it is not the fact that the parts on the my helis are broken. It is the depreciated value of the one item. Nicked blades broken tail rotor and missing rubber stops are the sign of a crash. See the walkera that is my fault I should have seen the broken antenna but I also should have gotten a written statement from the hobby shop I took it to that both of the helis were fine. If I wanted to sell the GWS used-good condition I would have flew it and crashed it myself. But what I am really pissed about is the fact that when the walkera didn't work and you were unhappy you should have just packed it all back up and sent it to me instead of charging up the gws and op's checking it if one is I don't need you to ops check the other, I know they work. And by the way I took the walkera to the hobby shop and some how it attained lift and flew around the store even with a broken antenna. I'm going to tell you what I think happened you didn't know what you were doing crashed the gws decided you didn't want to trade and sent it back. I had already told you that I would send to the money to fix the heli or buy the part. I tried to show you that I was a stand up person and ship my items off first , and got it to you in less than three days even if you would have shipped yours first I would have sent it back if you weren't happy with the trade. I sent you all the pictures and and info you wanted to know about them and you say I misrepresented my item. Well I say you welched on a deal. If I misrepresented my item intentionally I would not have been 100% cooperative. So don't threaten me about you with getting nasty me. Good day sir.

He was just talking about just paying for fixing the broken parts.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:02 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Have you followed through with an appropriate rating or a complaint?
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 AM
tooserious4u79

I haven't left feedback as of yet. I want to try and work it out because if I give him a negative feedback he is just going to turn around and give me a negative feedback. Since I am a new user no one on RCU no one will want trade or sell me stuff after that. I always try to keep a good reputation with what ever I do just check my ebay account. People see stuff like, I misrepresented an item in a trade they'll probably think I am a lowlife. I really want to know if there is a compensary cost for an almost new item like my gws besides the cost of replacing the tail rotor and stops and possibly the main rotor blades. Then I can send him a bill for the broken missing items and he can pay me. I know this guy owes me something for the mistake he made.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:35 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

I cannot tell you how to handle this, but I can say that my experience has shown that if you do not put a mark against the other members account, then there is little incentive for them to hurry up and resolve the situation. Even if they turn around and put a negative mark on your account, it will be removed as soon as everything is resolved just like his will be.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:25 PM
pendragon640

Hi ,I might have a problem with a trade .The person i traded with i've been trying to get a hold of .I've tried to call the person the last 4 days and left him emails but dont get an answer from them. I,m a fraid to ship because I don't want to get riped off. im new at this . Can you give me some help
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

If you cannot get a response from the other member, I would suggest you not ship your item to them. If he will not respond before the trade, chances are he will not respond afterwards either.

If you do not feel that you trust the other person 100%, you should not trade with them unless you can meet them face to face and thoroughly inspect the item before closing the deal
Old 09-02-2006, 03:23 PM
pendragon640

I got an invoice for a trade I made.But when i go to the add it says that it was rejected . i have been talking to the person by
email and phone seance 8/29/06 .The problem is I shipped my xmod to this person and gave him a tracking number but havent got one from him .I talked to him on 9/1 /06 and he was going to shipped that day .this is the twice I've been jacked on your sight,
Lucky the first time I didn't ship because the other person wouldn't answer phone calls or emails. and now i cant leave feed back for this trade
Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 PM
pendragon640

I got an invoice for a trade I made.But when i go to the add it says that it was rejected . i have been talking to the person by
email and phone seance 8/29/06 .The problem is I shipped my xmod to this person and gave him a tracking number but havent got one from him .I talked to him on 9/1 /06 and he was going to shipped that day .this is the twice I've been jacked on your sight,
Lucky the first time I didn't ship because the other person wouldn't answer phone calls or emails. and now i cant leave feed back for this trade