Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

I may have goofed please help

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

I may have goofed please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:03 PM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I may have goofed please help

I arranged to meet a member that was selling a ducted fan F-22. He had an active ad that described the plane and a couple of pictures. The plane was listed as RTF with the words "just drop in your receiver and fly" at the bottom of the ad.

I didn't make an official offer but thought it was worth seeing so I drove to see the plane. Upon a reasonably short inspection I decided to purchase it. This was based on the description in the ad and what I was told about it from him.

When I got it home and had a chance to look at it under controlled conditions I found that it was not at all as described. First of all it was two pounds heavier than listed in his ad, two of the servos didn't work at all, the right horizontal stab is broken, the fuel tanks are all gunked up, The battery won't hold a charge, and it has broken formers. As I understand it, that is not "drop in your receiver" and fly condition. I understand "caveat emptor" but the way I see it he did not represent the accurate condition of the plane.

I tried to find the add to make an official offer and finalize the transaction through RCU, but it id gone / deactivated. I would like to leave honest feedback but don't see how I could do that.

Do I have any recourse? Did I goof up buying without an officially placed and accepted offer? I had only planned to go look at it but brought it home with me.

Thank you very much
Anthony Abdullah
Old 01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I may have goofed please help

I'm sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member. Please understand the situation you describe is exactly why it is so important for you to post an official offer before buying the model. Once the ad is closed, you cannot go back and post an offer which means feedback cannot be posted.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I can't leave feed back or anything? i guess that is why he closed the ad so fast. That is pretty much what I figured. I knew I goofed when I brought the plane home. I should have made the extra 2 hour drive to make everything official.

Thank you
Anthony
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without having post an official offer, and that offer being accepted, you cannot post feedback. This protects the feedback system from unscrupulous people (I'm not insinuating in any way that you are) from posting feedback for transactions which never took place.