Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Classafied airplane ads(selling).

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Classafied airplane ads(selling).

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classafied airplane ads(selling).

I was wondering and hopefully some other people might as well if it would be possible for RCU in the airplane category to have a seperate box under the title so people could place a check mark in it that would give them a choice of putting an arf being in the box and shippable or built and had to be picked up.Or it had to be crated with a large shipping price.It could just be a small box with 3 entrys to place a checkmark.I just went through just about every listing in the aerobatic and 3d sales and i had to look at every ad to see if it was an arf shippable or local pickup.I think it should be made mandatory as being checked one way or the other.Or arf kit or somthing.Hopefully some other people might chime in and maybe it would happen.I meant this for all the planes that are being sold no matter wich category.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Classafied airplane ads(selling).

This is an excellent suggestion and one we already have incorporated into the site.

Go to any category listing page. Hover your mouse cursor over an ad title and you will see several lines of information. One of those items displayed states whether the seller is willing to ship, and where, or if it is for local pickup only.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
buck1856

thanks for the quik reply.Ive seen this and it works great but there are also some when you put the mouse over the title evrything shows up but some of them dont say in box,shipping possible,ect..Is it because the person hasnt put it in the title listing or because its in the description.ill go do it right now and see.what i ment is a subtitle where you have to put 1 of 3 choices,mandatory,or it wouldnt let you continue,such as:
()------arf in box
()------arf freight or bus only
()------pickup only
This way you wouldnt even have to mouse over the title,it would be a subtitle.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are more options available than those you listed. We try not to be too restrictive of sellers so that they can post and run their ads as they see best.

The options available, and one must be selected as a required field, to the seller are Local Pickup, US Only, US & Canada Only, Europe Only, Worldwide, Within a certain number of miles (the seller must specify the range), and Multiple countries listed below (the seller must select those countries.

The more we add to an ad listing on the category page, the longer it takes for pages to load. This is critical for those members who are still on dialup.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:29 PM
buck1856

Ya i know what your talking about i live in the hills and im on a dialup.well again thanks for the quik reply and i see you have all the bases covered so it must be the sellers who arnt filling out evrything that they could be including me somtimes if i check myself again.Great info on RCU like always.