Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

this was interesting

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default this was interesting

Well I guess I'm a slow learner but here's my tale of woe. I bought an engine from an individual that I had a bit of a problem before but he refunded the money and I sent him the engine back. As this individual is a high volume seller and has some useful items I decided to take another chance with him.
The engine arrived in a timely manner yesterday and I finally got to it today. I usually strip all engines that I get and this was no exception. It was supposed to be a 28, imagine my suprise when I took the head off and saw that it was a 20. Yes the case was marked right but the smaller displacement fits in if you put the corresponding crankshaft it lower the stroke so you don't hit the head. This was a parts engine and a badly done one at that, even the rear cover screws were mis matched.
Now I'm sure that I could complain to him and get my cash back again but here is the problem. That does not solve the problem with this person doing business on your forum. It needs to stop right now. As a side point I complained about another person a year ago and you basically did nothing till he ripped 4 more buyers off . And then you suspended him.
As I said this person has done a few hundred sales on this forum and I'm fairly certain that a large amount of buyers did not realize that they have been taken. I don't think that I'm especially picked out by this individual to get ripped.
Oh and one other thing in both of these transactions I can't find any link to leave feedback on these items. Apparently as he doesn't take paypal it seems to bypass the rating system. Pretty convenient for him.
If you want the individuals name I'll certainly furnish it to you via email. Oh and this individual had an unresolved complaint warning against him until recently. I would not have ordered anything from him had it still been in effect.
Dennis

Old 10-07-2008, 11:00 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: this was interesting

I am sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member.

The correct course of action is to 1) contact the seller and let him know about the situation. If he is a Liquidator, he more than likely does not know the full history of the engine he sold you, but should be more than willing to work out the situation. 2) post an appropriate rating on the sellers account. You can find the tool to rate them on the My Offers page of the My Market area of the marketplace.

RCUniverse's rating system is not in any way tied to the Paypal. If you made an offer through the Make Offer tool, and the seller accepted it through the site, then you can post a rating to their account.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JWN

I am sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member.

The correct course of action is to 1) contact the seller and let him know about the situation. If he is a Liquidator, he more than likely does not know the full history of the engine he sold you, but should be more than willing to work out the situation. 2) post an appropriate rating on the sellers account. You can find the tool to rate them on the My Offers page of the My Market area of the marketplace.

RCUniverse's rating system is not in any way tied to the Paypal. If you made an offer through the Make Offer tool, and the seller accepted it through the site, then you can post a rating to their account.

John,
I beg to differ with you on the ability to rate this vendor. On my page his is the only one that has only the archive trash can or a withdraw offer clip. There is no rating icon or any way to rate this individual. This situation also occured with my last unsatisfactory purchase from him
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you still have the option to withdraw the offer, that is because he never formally accepted it. Ratings cannot be posted when your offer was not formally accepted through the site as this indicates the transaction did not take place. What you describe sounds like the seller created his own invoice and emailed it to you directly instead of using the site tools to accept your offer, and send a site created invoice.