Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Buyer/Seller beware of davemeal

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Buyer/Seller beware of davemeal

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:24 PM
DWS6
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer/Seller beware of davemeal

I wanted to give everyone a headsup and hopefully save someone from getting taken advantage of. Anyone considering a transaction with this individual should NOT do it. He tried to scam me by posting pictures from other sources rather then what he truly had and I caught him in multiple lies. I will post the last two email transaction and leave out the rest because this went on for several weeks. I dont believe he even owns this helicopter.

This was my last email to him:

Ross, Dave or whatever your real name is,

How convenient for you. I went back through all the photos you sent me and realized a BIG problem a few days ago. There are some things that you said and posted that do not add up that makes me believe you are trying to scam me.

1. You told me you had a 500 to trade and you sent me pics of a 600 Nitro. (the name is printed right on it and a 500 is an electric)
2. You use two different names between your real name and your RCU whole name. (Davemeal and Ross)
3. You said it had a 401 gyro and the second set of pictures shows a 9256 tail servo (news flash, they are not compatible).
4. First set of pics showed black frames as a 600N Pro, second pics with the servos showed silver frames as a sport kit.
5. The servos in the first set of pics had different arms and were mounted without servo mounting plates, the second had silver mounting plates matching the frames.
6. the tail servo in the first picture was a 9254 the second pic showed a 9256.
7. The motor in the fist set was a YS the second was an OS.
8. The wiring for the servos between the 2 sets of pics were also different.
9. You told me early on that you personally put 5-6 flights on it and the guy at your local hobby shop put two on it. Later you said the previous owned put 5-6 and you only put a half tank on it. (which is it?)

You obviously pulled these random photos of the web without any regard to compatibility. It is obvious to me you are a scam artist and I will be sure to let everyone on RCU know what type of person you are. I wont hold my breath waiting for your response to trade in a few weeks!

This was his response:

Very good catch my friend. I am not a scammer, however I did pull a couple from the internet, as I don't have a digital camara anymore. (I was hoping you wouldnt notice, since it was the same as what I have, aside from tail servo etc. as you said)

I am however impressed by your attention to detail. But this trade should go no further, as you now have lost trust in me.

Oh, and my real name is Ross. (Dave meal is my username) Long story on that nickname, lol

It was nice chatting with you though good sir!

These are the photos he sent me. Anyone that is familiar with helicopters can point out the discrepencies. As you can see ALL photos were pulled from the web and the tail servo was not the only difference. I specifically asked for a picture of the tail servo and that was what I got. Another lie. I hope that this saves someone from a big headache.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13871.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1077698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81386.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1077699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37170.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	25.9 KB