Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

No Notification on Offers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
edwal07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Notification on Offers

I visit RCU many times a day, as I have three ads running in the classified. 2 of them as a Pro Seller! An offer was made on Feb 9th. I did not receive an email notifying me of the offer, nor was I notified when I logged into RCU until this morning 2/12. I did not receive a notice that a question had been submitted! The buyer was wondering why I hadn't responded! What happened during this time!
I enjoy RCU and it is a great site! Never had any problem prior to this. Maybe this is why my response times are showing to be so high! I try to respond as soon as possible and answer any questions as soon as they are received, those response times make me look like I am not paying attention, which is not true!
Thanks
Ed
Old 02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: No Notification on Offers

A lack of emails is usually caused by a spam filter in your email program. If you are using a spam filter, be sure emails from rcuniverse.com are permitted.

The lack of a notification when you logged in to the site is an interesting report and I will see what I can do to look in to that. Is it possible you did not enter the marketplace in the last few days and only visited the forums instead?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
edwal07

Hi John,
I visit RCU a couple times a day. Usually it will tell me there has been activity on my ads. However since Monday the 9th I have not received any notification until yesterday the 12th of any activity, I had a question posted on the 9th. I receive forum updates on the threads I subscribe to by email, but none from MyMarket of which I used to get by email and when I logged on.
I have Field Stands listed which I track daily and relied on the notification of any offers or questions. However I will go directly to my ads and look for any until we find out what is happening.
Thank you for your help! I will double check but my setting on my email are the same and have not changed, RCU is in my contacts and allowed.
RCU has greatly increased my sales on the Field Stands, an excellent avenue of exposure to the hobby!
Thanks again
Ed
I use Hotmail which will show all messages and allow me to choose what to do with them and I only Delete and Block what I know is Spam. But I will recheck to see if somehow RCU got into that area!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:44 PM
aerobatic wannabe
My Feedback: (2)

Hi John, When I make an offer, how long does the seller have to make up his mind if he is going to accept it or not
Old 02-15-2009, 11:30 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seller has until the ad expires to accept or reject any offers made to the ad.

That does not mean you have to wait that long however. You can withdraw your offer at any time as long as it has not already been accepted by the seller.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
edwal07

Hi John,
Well, everything is working great now, I received notices of activity on my ads and notification of an offer thru email. I did not change anything, but is seems to be working fine now.
Thanks
Ed