Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scammed

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
lucky9910
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammed

Why is member magomagu has a suspended account? I'm concerned, i sent a certified check to him for this item:" http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=515609&cobrand=1. i went to input feedback and it says suspended.

I just want to verify im not being scammed.
thanks lucky

I post my orginal messsage above.

Well, it looks like he took my $1350. I have been doing a lot of research and his real name is Grabriel Bagni out of FL. He also goes by Gabe DA Dilva. He is known for this type of behavior it looks like. To bad u guys did not suspeded him prior to mesending the Money Order. I send him another pleading email to resolve the issue. I will be reaching out to Florida ploice with all my docuemntion to see what i can do.

If u would like a copy of all communication please let me know.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scammed

I am sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member.

Please understand that we banned magomagu immediately upon receiving notice that he had been banned under a previous account.

It is utterly unfortunate that you have been lead in to this situation but there are ways you could have protected yourself and prevented this problem. We have notices posted in the marketplace suggesting that buyers and sellers alike use Escrow.com to handle transactions over the internet with known private parties. Their services are not free, but they cost less than losing all of your money. And, they protect buyer and seller alike. If Escrow.com cannot be used, then at least consider using a credit card through Paypal so you have a means to file a dispute and hopefully recover your money.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
lucky9910
My Feedback: (27)

Just to follow up. gabrielle bagni con me out of $1350. He did not send motor. He has not returned any of my calls are emails. its been over a month
Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

The best chance you have for recovering your money is to file fraud reports against Gabrielle through the FBI's internet fraud division as well as with the local police where he lives.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 PM
boxbeam
My Feedback: (188)

Sorry about your loss in the Market Place here on RCU. Maybe because of the amount, the FBI will become involved, I hope so for your sake. Chances are local law enforcement in Florida will take your information, hand it to the DA and that will be as far as it gets, no charges brought against the theif. The same thing happened to myself and two other members here on RCU who got scammed for a total of just under $1000.00. The DA couldn't be bothered to prosecute because it would cost the state (Michigan) too much money and we were told that the FBI wouldn't do anything as the amount lost was too small. My suggestion is to ALL members on RCU, if you suspect by the way the ad is written up, the join date is very recent or feedback is small with blemishes and payment method is by check or MO, ask the seller to use PayPal if he refuses, walk! If he accepts, pay with a credit card because PayPal can't guarntee you a refund if you do not receive your item, they will freeze the sellers account, with the credit card, you can always do a charge back.
As far as the justice in this country goes, justice can only be obtained by how much you are willing to pay in many cases. What's in your wallet??
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Aside from meeting the seller face to face, the most secure means available to buyer and seller alike is to use Escrow.com or another similar service.

They do charge a small fee to handle the transaction, but it is far less than the money that could be lost to an unscrupulous seller, or buyer.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:07 AM
bialone

After reading your entry it looks as though I too was scammed but on EBay, not RCU. My caller ID identified the person as Gabrielle Bagni but his emails said John Ryan and John Rayan. Oops! I never looked at my caller ID to make the connection. On EBay his user account name was TIFFANYGABE. His phone has a New York area code but I sent two Moneygram money orders in the amount of $600 to Sarasota Florida, Bagni INC. My total outlay was $640. $40 was spent on the money orders and next day FedEx delivery.

He advertised two new Evolution 26GX engines on EBay. Both items included 3 new props, new Bisson mufflers, and one with a carbon fiber spinner and nut. When I talked to him he said that the engines were part of a movie project and that he had four in total. The project was for a 150 inch wingspan WWII B29 scale model airplane and mentioned Steven Spielberg. He also said that he built the airplane for the Howard Hughes movie (Aviator?) staring Leonardo DeCaprio. He talked about his shop as being ‘better equipped than Hobby Town’ and that local fliers were always asking him for a job. He said that he belonged to the Sarasota Squadron in Florida and that he was into large 3D 40% and scale model airplanes, but the emphasis was on scale.

I initially paid for my items using PayPal but he said he just started using PayPal and that there was a 45 day hold on payment. He canceled the PayPal payment then asked for money orders or bank transfer. He talked with an accent and was clearly into the hobby from what I could tell. He even invited me to join him here in Los Angeles for a weekend fly, I think part of a movie shoot. That was probably a scam too.

He offered to send our club donations which I thanked him for. He said that he was always donating to local clubs. He said he was sending Saito Twin engines for me to sell, something that I never agreed to. When I never received the packages, and never receiving the Confirmation Delivery tracking numbers from from him I became concerned. I didn’t know if ‘our’ packages were stolen or lost. I was becoming worried. He told me this week that he checked and that the packages were at the post office but when I checked they didn’t have them.

Just a few days ago I got an email from EBay. It said, ‘Account Security ? Communication Partner Warning. Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from tiffanygabe through eBay’s messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud others.’ EBay suggested contacting both California and Florida law enforcement, and use PayPal for future purchases. Nice!

To date I have received one engine but it appears modified, and four once used (according to him) servos. I have not received the other engine or items. I was the proud recipient of two successful auctions on Ebay. Well I thought they were successful. I don’t know if the other engine will work. I’m not out the entire $640. I did received one engine but I have no idea about its condition because it was modified. At this point I wish I could just get back to where I was before this started. But honestly I wish I would just get my two auction packages. This was my first big hobby purchase this year after having been laid off from work for 6 months. I cracked open the piggy bank but it appears I’ll have to start over again.

I post this information here to help anyone else. I have sold items on RCU and have received positive ratings. You don’t think something like this can happen but it does. Hopefully it won’t happen again. Looks like I'll be contacting law enforcement tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 AM
channah
My Feedback: (5)

Seems like my situation on RCU with m.lawson25 I sent him my Xray buggy and delivery confirmation says it was delivered a month ago. I even just sent him a certified letter saying that I am calling the police, etc. He even signed for it himself. No response. His # and email have even been disconnected!!! Screwed out of my trade, big time!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
boxbeam

These days when you send anything tangible like a MO, Moneygram, Bank, Certified Check or an engine, boat, plane or buggy for trade, you run in the super ultra high risk area of being scammed. Escrow is good for high dollar items, but with lower amounts use PayPal with a credit card. I sent $235.00 in the form of a bank check to John Marshall of Bronson, MI and never got my Nosen 310 kit. His RCU ID was Stingerman, he got suspended and came back again with the ID of Hobbynet and got suspended. Mail fraud is a lucrative business when it is out of state and under $1,000.00. The State Attorney can't be bothered by it and the FBI won't touch it either. Thats why I say that RCU should only allow people who have Confirmed PayPal accounts, to sell here. It may not stop all the theft, but should reduce it by about 90% and allow buyers some recourse to collect if taken by a scammer. These kind of scammers don't have that kind of good standing with banks and credit card companies to get a confirmed address from PayPal. And if they do get past PayPal's security, if they don't perfom, you use the credit card chargeback and PayPal will be on their ass! I don't know if anyone from RCU has looked into implementing in the Market Place, the security of what PayPal would offer them. The registration to sell would change and those who already are selling and don't use PayPal, would have to open the PayPal account. I feel that this is a better solution than what is currently being offered and happening right now in the Market Place. New members who come to this site don't need to start off with a bitter taste in their mouth by being ripped off by a "fellow modeler" who can get back on here and repeat the same behavior even after already being suspended.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
bialone

I am editing my previous message contained here based on some changing developments of late. The remainder of my items shipped on Sunday 11/22 and I have a tracking number this time. The package is supposed to arrive on the 28th. The Evo GX 26cc engine is being replaced by a Saito FG 20 which is probably an even trade. I had no say in the trade but if it is NIB and complete I will accept it. It appears that the package also contains my Evo/Bisson muffler, new props (hopefully 6 in total) and cf spinner. I will post what happens later.

This has been the transaction from hell taking one month to complete. 'John' and his wife 'Joanna' will argue about John's aerobatic airplane crash in Southern California has preventing the quick reply. I will argue that the crash never took place. The fact is everything could have been sent along with the initial package and concluded as a done deal weeks ago. It was either yesterday or today that I was asked to return the items by Joanna for a refund of $650 but I am not doing that based on what Lucky's experience has been with refunds. By the way, I don't think there is a Joanna either.

So far I got an acknowledgement that 'John' is an employee of Bagni by Bagni, using the same phone number and home mailing address for Bagni. At this time all I want is to get my items. I have at least 50 emails to far. It has been an experience and one that I will write about in our club's newsletter. I have sold items here on RCU and have no complaints. Even if I get my items, I have received them late, a substitution made. That is not what you expect here on RCU or Ebay.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
boxbeam

bialone, the guy is jerking you around and that is very typical of a scammer, excuse after excuse and no goods. Until RCU tightens their seller requirements in the Market Place that would make ALL sellers require to use credit cards, directly or through some other payment company like PayPal. Sellers can still accept MO's and Cashiers Checks but that is where the risk is at. Why should transactions have to go through escrow, an additional cost, when your credit card company basicly does the same thing?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
bialone

I got my FebEx shipment on 11/28/09 and the substitute Saito FG20 engine was USED not NEW. Definitely mounted and ran. Nothing in the Saito box was in unopened sealed factory packaging. It was not what I was looking for. My ebay auction was for a NEW engine, so a substitute NEW engine would have been acceptable within the same price range. USED is not NEW. In addition I got only 4 of the 6 new props that were due me. As the story unfolds and from what I have been told you can read more about Gabriele Bagni and his exploits on Flying Giants website. I was told that they closed down the thread because it got to long.

This guy is making a habit of scamming AMA members and continues to do so. And he is an AMA member himself. I talked to someone yesterday who went to Florida, hired an attorney, went to Bagni's house with two cops, and got his $1800 back plus lawyers fees. The alternative was jail.

So for anyone out there who wants to give me advice, please don't. I have received it already. My postings are for those who don't know about this scammer. His website is even a total scam and he is using it to create a false personna. The guy has problems. Don't trust any ads that lists a GiantRC, Stunt RC, or from Sarasota FL. The only good thing that I can say is I got something for my money, but it wasn't what was identified in the ebay auction. To me it is still FRAUD.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:01 AM
adamtheleg
Banned

<deleted comments> No Cops with lawyer went to Gabriele's house to ask for money , I am not defending Gabriele is just does not make any sense that a scammer keep using the same mailing address and name time after time even after the complaint is out , very very strange , I also heard that a few guys got toghether and try to get money out of Gabriele with some blackmail in exange for cleaning some forums and damm i am kinda of starting to believing that

Adam Lamber

Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 AM
bialone

Dear Adam,
It looks like you personally know Gabriele Bagni? WOW!
It looks like you just joined RC Forum today. WOW.
And you are from Florida also just like Bagni. WOW.

Are you Gabriele in disguise? Your reply even reads like the email and phone messages that he has sent to me. Should I be calling you Gabe? And if you are not Gabriele Bagni then he has you fooled you too including those he scammed and will scam in the future.

Do you honestly think or believe that RC Universe, Flying Giants, or EBAY can protect everyone from these types of people? All you have to do is to create a file/account, pretend to sell something, collect your money, and close the account. Oh, and you don't have to send anything in return.

Apparently you haven't researched this as much as the people who were scammed, nor talked to them personally like me. He didn't use the same mailing address but a variation of it so that any deliveries can't be made forcing the carrier to contact him by the phone number on the mailing receipt. Also he didn't use the same name but the same phone number. It was easy to track him down.

I will admit that I am not out as much money as other people and got something for my money. The point is he didn't live up to the agreement in EBAY. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? He didn't send me the second "NEW IN BOX" Evolution 26 GX engine with a Bisson muffler but instead sent a 'USED' Saito FG20. He still owes me 2 props also.

Do I feel scammed? DAMN RIGHT. How would YOU like to go to a hobby store plunk down your money for a $450 NEW ENGINE and find a USED ONE in the box? Then not being able to do anything about it unless you travel 2500 miles paying for the trip, motel, and food. However you can collect the lawyer's fees that you are owed when you get the right paperwork done and go with police. This guy knows this and that is how he continues. It would be different if the scammed person lived in Sarasota FL, or belong to the same flying club where he can personally confront him.

Do you want to clear up Gabriele Bagni's good name? Then have him send me my second new engine with muffler and 2 props. That should work shouldn't it? In fact I gave him the opportunity to do just that. The deadline was yesterday and I didn't get my stuff. By the way I will also return the used engine he sent me which I am holding for evidence, along with the shipping boxes and such. I still have recourse to what he did.

You want me to feel sorry for Gabriele Bagni? The guy has ripped off at least three AMA members including myself, one of which got his money back. The other person has already voiced themselves here in this forum and is still out $1350. The next time you see Bagni at the field flying something new he probably bought it at Troy Built Models with money that he scammed from people like us.

You mentioned people trying to blackmail Bagni? WOW. Maybe they were people who got scammed by him trying to get their money back and Bagni is creating his web of lies to cover it up.

I'm just wonder about something? Do you still believe in Santa Claus? That would be the only explanation for believing Bagni as far as I can see. You must believe in the Tooth Fairy too. Of course if you are Bagni then you are trying to phony up some excuse and redirecting the blame on someone or something else hoping that it will work on others. NO WAY JOSE. There is too much out there by other people. We all can't be the bad guys.

Have a Merry Christmas and I hope that Santa brings you a bottle of truth medicine. I think you can use it. You might find out that your really name is Gabriele and not Adam.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 PM
adamtheleg
Banned

<deleted comments>

Adam, Not Gabriele
All I'm saying is that if this guy was so guilty, he would be in in jail. Instead there are lots of people that know and like him and have positive feelings about him. Before RC Universe cancelled his ratings, he had over 45 postiive ratings and only 3 negative ratings. I have purchased a DA 150 from him before and never had a problem.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:08 PM
bialone

Dear Mr AdamTheLeg,

You call me a cheap idiot? Are you kidding me? Where are you coming from? What are you thinking? I was not sent what was posted on Ebay and what I paid for. What do you call that? A mistake? If you call me a cheap idiot, then what do you call your friend who scammed me?

Turn on the TV and watch Judge Judy or Judge Milan. If that show aired in Florida and they would pay for my travel I would serve Bagni a summons and take him to court. Based on what I have seen on TV I would win, and the Judge would forward the case to the local police department. AdamTheLeg you have no idea what you are talking about when you call me a cheap idiot. And obviously you don't care anything about people being honest, truthful or doing the right thing especially if they are your friend. Personally I don't associate with people like that.

It took me a month to get my packages and it is not what I paid for. EBAY IS NOT SUPPOSE TO WORK LIKE THAT. DON'T YOU AGREE? Also I live in California you are located in Florida. Don't you think that has some impact on what I can do? Think about it.

You said that you bought a DA150 engine and didn't have any problems with Bagni. Well why don't you email LUCKY9910 (scroll up to the top of the page) and find out what happened to him? Or are you afraid to find out? By the way Lucky lives in California too. Lucky is out $1350 dollars. Do you have $1350 to throw away because if you do then send it to Lucky for what he lost. Do you think there is anything redeeming in telling me or Lucky that Bagni had 45 positive responses and only 3 negative ones on RCU? GIVE ME A BREAK. ALL WE WANT IS WHAT WAS ADVERTISED AND WHAT WE PAID FOR. IS THAT SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS OR BAGNI TO UNDERSTAND OR WHAT?

Maybe you have a different set of values from me or Lucky9910. I just wonder what you would do if this happened to you? Take solace in the fact that the person who pulled the wool over your eyes had 45 positive ratings on RCU?

By the way I believe you when you say that many people like the Bagni. I was impressed with him when I initially talked with him on the phone but then found out that he lied about building the RC airplane for the movie Aviator. The actual builder lives in LA. Then there was him crashing his aerobatic airplane in California, being in critical condition in LA University hospital. Oops the FAA didn't have any record of a aerobatic airplane crashing in CA on that day, and LA University hospital doesn't exist, neither did the address that I was given.

Wow, Dude, what is wrong with YOU? Get your friend to resolve this and put an end to everything. That will make everyone happy.
Otherwise we're done!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
adamtheleg
Banned

are guys smoking it or taking it straight in the arm , or you guys have some kind of mental atherosclerosis
I'm out
Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

This thread is being locked down as it has served its purpose.

Personal attacks will not be permitted and the thread has been cleaned up to reflect that.

Gabriel Bagni has received enough reports of fraud on this site for addresses in New York, Pennsylvania and Florida to have earned himself a permanent spot on our scammers list. Complaints on other forums can easily be found by searching for his name in Google.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 PM
adamtheleg
Banned

this pics are from another forum showing a full refun to Lucky Guy ,see picture ,Guys You are full Of **** "All of you" and the story goes that the lucky kid sent a fake check
Gabe's does not built for any aviator movies or fly in La ,dear storie teller yeah Now I am defending Gabe ,
More people from my club will join this forum defending gabe including some very old members ,
happy

Adam
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72095.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1337916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50614.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1337917