Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Not terribly impressed with Maxamps

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
TallDoode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not terribly impressed with Maxamps

Has anyone else experienced poor "getting your stuff" time from MaxAmps? I ordered a 2500 pack for my Spektrum almost two weeks ago and have not heard a thing besides an email the following day saying "in process". I got home from a trip yesterday and expected to see a shiny new battery in the mail pile and there wasnt a thing. Their "24 hour customer service" has not returned my call. Guess "24 hour customer service" means you can leave a message 24 hours a day and they will return it whenever? Everything else I have ordered from other vendors in the last few months has been on my doorstep within a few days so maybe I am expecting too much, but if Maxamps wants to compete with the others, they need to pony up and do it as well as the others.

Anyway, first experience with Maxamps, and definitely the last. My .02 if any of you are thinking of ordering from them.

Cheers,

dave
Old 04-11-2008, 02:30 PM
TallDoode

Default RE: Not terribly impressed with Maxamps

After posting my experience, I did get a call from Clint at Maxamps who was very nice and very apologetic. There was a communication issue between the order process and the area that builds the packs. Didnt realize it but all of the packs are built to order and my online order didn't make it to the group that creates the packs for some reason. I have been assured that this was a glitch in the works and that it is not the norm for Maxamps. Once I get the battery I will post and let people know how it works. I know others with the DX7 who like to fly all day are having issues keeping their batteries going so hopefully this one will give me enough juice to keep my toys in the air.

Cheers,

dave

Old 04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

TallDoode:

Yes, same experience with a 2100 3S, about two weeks. Actually I get stuff from China about in the same time frame. Now, lets get real. Many of us end up at max amps as their batteries are above average quality at a decent price. Any business must produce a profit to keep there. Price per unit is determined on labor and material costs. Staff at Max amps seems to be fairly large, obviously to service product demand. Yes, they could add staff and warehouse stock in various battery size and configurations. The additional cost to the customer would be expensive, and those costs passed on to us out of necessity. A little more thought to planning our projects may be our best final answer. ENJOY
Old 04-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Clear2Close

Maxamps builds all there packs to order...the right way of doing things! i have never had a problem...if it takes even 3 weeks to get the pack just suck it up, they are worth the wait...not to mention the friendly helpful support they have
Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
mandtra
My Feedback: (29)

So are you saying that their packs are just as light as TP THUNDER POWER and just as good and a better value for your money????? Maybe I should look again , because I was under the belief that their batterys were heaiver, and cost ABOUT the same as the industry leader TP. so I passed them buy.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Longhair

I can deal with the 7+ days wait times (even though in the description it says "Normally ships within 24-48 hours") but today I received an email saying "we do not ship to any address other than the billing for foreign orders" even though my last order was shipped to the same address that is being denied now.

I sent an email to Austin and if this does not get cleared up, I will no longer be doing business with them nor could I recommend their product to anybody else.

A shame really because I already have 4 of their battery packs and a lot of other vehicles that could use their product.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
JAM MaxAmps

I'm sorry but our policies regarding foreign shipping addresses have changed. We do not ship to a delivery address in another country than the billing. The odds for Fraud are high and we are not going to take the risk. And this goes for past dealings as well. I'm sorry if this has caused you any problems and would hope you can understand why we have made this change.

Thank you for your past business,

Jason
Old 05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Longhair

If you cannot trust customers that you have dealt with in the past then I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
JAM MaxAmps

It has nothing to do with trust. The fact of the matter is that we made this policy change and it applies to all new accounts and to make things fair it applies to old accounts as well. Sorry but this change eliminates any chances of fraud that could occur with a transaction of this type. The other thing that it stops, is people shipping items to themselves as gifts that would normally be charged an import tax. This is against the law and we don't want any part of it. We take pride in what we do and we won't soil our good name by breaking laws for people just to save them a few dollars. Again I hope you understand.

Thank you ,

Jason
Old 05-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Longhair

Old 05-03-2008, 08:27 PM
TallDoode

Well, I started this thread when the battery pack I ordered hadn't shown up for two weeks. Once I finally got my pack, other issues arose that I dont feel the need to blast out to the world. Suffice to say you should always check polarity of a new battery even if the plug can only be used one way :-). Everyone I dealt with was super cool, but I sort of feel like after what I have gone through, and the expenses I incurred solving the problem they created, their offer to me to make things right was a slap in the face.

While I dont think I will ever use them again, others have said their products are top notch so I would not let my experience encourage you or discourage you from buying from them. Hopefully you will post here singing their praises, and hopefully none of you will go through what I have gone through.

Happy flying/driving/sailing,

dave

Old 06-03-2008, 09:54 PM
astroboycp

Wow that's sad to hear as I was contemplating ordering their packs but will reconsider now.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
durkadurka

Maxamps is a great company.

I have bought a few packs from them so far. I emailed them to ask about a LVC and they told me to buy one that they don't yet stock. That was nice of them to tell me to buy the better one that they don't sell instead of trying to sell me what they have. I dented a pack and called up. I spoke with them and they said to send it in and they might be able to credit me something towards a replacement. That to me is great customer service. I was out a battery though and wanted to bash that weekend so I paid for expedited shipping and asked them if they could get it to me by that weekend. They did. That's great customer service. One of my replacements smoked. I am not sure if it is the battery or if my esc shorted it. Either way I called them and we talked about it. They are shipping me a new battery.

I have bought 4 2s 8000 Lipo's from them and a Hyperion duo charger and they will continue to still get my money when I need more batteries.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
fb5b

Nothing but disgusted with Maxamps myself
Old 07-04-2008, 12:07 PM
JAM MaxAmps

ORIGINAL: fb5b

Austin Else here with MaxAmps.com

Brad,

I am very sorry that it has taken this long for your order. Frankly, I am embarrassed that it happened. There is no excuse for an order taking that long. Our standard turn time is 24-72 hours and generally we are closer to 24. I can assure you that your case is an anomaly and I will explain why.

When an order is placed on a Sunday night, it is going to have the worst possible turn time for an order to come in since orders have been stacking up since mid-day on Friday. We generally get totally caught up by Friday and then start over again on Monday. This particular week was even worse since there is nobody working today(4th of July Holiday).

In addition, I had to fire 2 of my production guys on last Friday so we were conducting interviews and training all this week. We have hired two replacements for the two that we lost, but as I am sure you know, training takes time away from production and slows things down a bunch.

As far as not receiving an email back last night, we were not here after 5:00 our time so your email did not get to us until after work hours(your email came in here at 6:22pm). That is the first email that I have seen from you. If you had sent previous emails to this one, I am very sorry if they were not returned right away. We generally respond within a few hours at the most.

We generally move the “express” orders to the front of the stack and give them priority so I am still not sure what the reason was for your package not going out yet. I will meet with the shipping department first thing Monday morning to figure out what the hold up was on your particular order.

Again, there is no excuse for the poor service that you received. Customer service is our number one priority here.

I would be happy refund your entire shipping cost due to the trouble you have been through and pay to make sure your order ships first thing Monday via our fastest shipping method if you are willing to give us another shot. If not, we will also refund your payment and hope that you give us another chance in the future.

I believe that a series of misfortunate circumstances in timing of when the order was placed and when the emails were received, along with us being short staffed this week has caused this issue. As you can see from our track record, we generally offer the fastest shipping and best customer service in the industry. There are thousands of happy MaxAmps customers out there that would agree with me.

It has been a crazy week here and I hope that you can offer us some grace in spite of our errors. I can assure you that we want the same thing as you do and this will not happen again to you on future orders.

Best Regards,

Austin Else

CEO MaxAmps.com

Old 07-19-2008, 01:43 PM
underdog4life

ORIGINAL: JAM MaxAmps

ORIGINAL: fb5b

Austin Else here with MaxAmps.com

Brad,

I am very sorry that it has taken this long for your order. Frankly, I am embarrassed that it happened. There is no excuse for an order taking that long. Our standard turn time is 24-72 hours and generally we are closer to 24. I can assure you that your case is an anomaly and I will explain why.

When an order is placed on a Sunday night, it is going to have the worst possible turn time for an order to come in since orders have been stacking up since mid-day on Friday. We generally get totally caught up by Friday and then start over again on Monday. This particular week was even worse since there is nobody working today(4th of July Holiday).

In addition, I had to fire 2 of my production guys on last Friday so we were conducting interviews and training all this week. We have hired two replacements for the two that we lost, but as I am sure you know, training takes time away from production and slows things down a bunch.

As far as not receiving an email back last night, we were not here after 5:00 our time so your email did not get to us until after work hours(your email came in here at 6:22pm). That is the first email that I have seen from you. If you had sent previous emails to this one, I am very sorry if they were not returned right away. We generally respond within a few hours at the most.

We generally move the “express” orders to the front of the stack and give them priority so I am still not sure what the reason was for your package not going out yet. I will meet with the shipping department first thing Monday morning to figure out what the hold up was on your particular order.

Again, there is no excuse for the poor service that you received. Customer service is our number one priority here.

I would be happy refund your entire shipping cost due to the trouble you have been through and pay to make sure your order ships first thing Monday via our fastest shipping method if you are willing to give us another shot. If not, we will also refund your payment and hope that you give us another chance in the future.

I believe that a series of misfortunate circumstances in timing of when the order was placed and when the emails were received, along with us being short staffed this week has caused this issue. As you can see from our track record, we generally offer the fastest shipping and best customer service in the industry. There are thousands of happy MaxAmps customers out there that would agree with me.

It has been a crazy week here and I hope that you can offer us some grace in spite of our errors. I can assure you that we want the same thing as you do and this will not happen again to you on future orders.

Best Regards,

Austin Else

CEO MaxAmps.com

As a consumer, I want to give Mr. Else from MaxAmps my appreciation for his recognition of a few customers' dissatisfaction, explaining the possible reasons behind the errors but still taking responsibility for them, and offering fair compensation. As a small business owner, I want to tell everyone that sometimes mistakes are made, accidents happen, and problems outside of anyone's control cause havoc. All a good business owner can do is take responsibility, apologize, and try to make things right. Mr. Else has done this. In fact, in my opinion, responding this way when things go awry is what defines a good businessperson. Thank you, Mr. Else, for treating us consumers so fairly and for representing us business owners so well.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
electricrc68
Banned

MAXAMPS IS OVERPRICED
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM
fasterrcs

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

MAXAMPS IS OVERPRICED
way over priced for the level of competition there facing these days. all the cell are made in china but they seem to think the one they get are the best of the best . to be honest thunder power is a way better battery makers. the one thing i do like about max amps it for a while they stopped putting the c rating on the pack because there was no universal rating system , even though there still is not they have went back to using the c rating
Old 06-06-2015, 10:11 AM
TraxxJUNK

Are they still importing their cells from China? Typical run-of-the-mill China cells do not justify the insane prices of their cells no matter how "wonderful" their warranty may appear, or the small amount of final touches they add to the packs before shipment. The heart of the battery is the cells, and if they use the same cells that every other much less expensive pack uses, there is in NO way a justification for the costs.

If they are still using typical China imported cells, why wouldnt someone just buy 4 regular brand packs, having 3 of them as spares on hand at all times, instead of buying one MaxAmps pack? Is it the neat flame graphics on the packs, or is it the heavy marketing campaign of them that just influencing people so well that these people cant resist the need to buy one over their better judgment?

I will HAPPILY pay more for a high quaility battery pack that is 100% USA made, NOT one made in China that is no different than the rest of the packs costing 4 times less.

So if they still use China typical run-of-the-mill cells (yes run-of-the-mill cells because no huge China battery factory is going to run cells exclusively for a small operation) in their packs, HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS ONE MaxAmp fans!! PLEASE!!
Old 03-18-2021, 02:05 AM
alexaben

Only nauseated with Maxamps myself