Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Lipo use time copter vs quadcopter

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Riverrunner129

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo use time copter vs quadcopter

G'day all
Yep I'm a newbie and have been reading about Lipo-batteries, this has bought up one of probably many questions I'll need to resolve to get a better understanding.
It's a basic mathematical (I think), if I am using Lipo battery A on a single brushless copter motor, and the same battery A and 4 (quadcopter) of the same motors what is the difference in the flight time and what is the equation.
Cheers
Old 10-05-2018, 09:02 AM
JoshMaxAmps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! sorry for the delayed response. I will try and help. It is basically the same in that it is the amp draw pulled from the battery that matters. Whether its supplying power to 1 motor or 4 its still only X amps. with 4 motors you need to add the amp draw of each. Calculating actual flight time can be a bit more complicated as no system pulls exactly the same. Pilots effect this just as much as your components. I do use a tool like - https://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc.php - as a way to get an estimation.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know. Looking foward to chatting with you.

Josh