Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

lipo and charger question.....

Old 02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
shaunsmaxx
My Feedback: (68)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipo and charger question.....

I just got my new lipos from maxamps yesterday. I also got a superbrain 989 for charging them. What should I charge and discharge at? I got a 2s 7.4 and 3s11.1 3000mah lipos. These are my first lipos and wanna do it right so they last a long time. I haven't had a charger with all these settings so I'm kinda lost and the manual leaves a little to be desired.

Thanks, Shaun
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: lipo and charger question.....

Hey Shawn, no need to discharge the Li-Po's other than when using them......as for charging..........go with 1C of the Li-Po's capacity.........so If you have a 2200 mAh pack charge at 2.2 amps max..........or say you have a 1500 mAh pack charge at 1.5 amps max. but if your not in a rush I would suggest charging at Half of the Max.........so If your 2200 mAh pack can be charged at 2.2amps max I would charge it at 1.1 amps if you have the time.............less stress on the packs. Also if you haven't done so yet invest in a good balancer.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
shaunsmaxx

Thanks Jason. I charged them at 1 amp. My mah only reached like 2000 though and they are 3000 packs. One of the main reasons I asked is because of this. Thought maybe I was charging them wrong. If you ever get to the St. Cloud area maybe we could get together for a little bash session. I have a buddy who lives there so we'd have a few trucks to run with.

Shaun
Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Shaun, sounds like a good time...............to bad I got rid of my Stampede lasdt summer..........been concentrating on my electric planes for the most part............I usually get down to Big Lake a few times during the summer a buddy lives on the river (great smallmouth bass fishing) and my father in-law lives at a private golf course/park model campground north of big lake........my golf retreat.........I've been thinking of getting another truck or buggy as of late though............who knows we'll have to see what the future brings
Old 03-14-2007, 08:29 PM
entjoles

great help, i to will soon be getting my first lipo set up , does any one know of a link to a picture of a mrc 989 and hyperian balancer connected? i plan on charging with the balancer, thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63161.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	642319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12368.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	642320  
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
entjoles

btw i am in eden prairie, ill bash with you, my info needs to be changed
Old 03-14-2007, 09:26 PM
shaunsmaxx

We'll have to hook up and bash a little. I got the bl revo and a os .18 revo.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
entjoles

sounds good, it will be a month or so till i have all my parts, but would be great, new to the area and dont know where to bash
Old 03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Guys if you can try to get to the MARCEE fly-in in the Twin Cities on the weekend of June 23rd, I will be there with a special goody for the first car guy to find me on Saturday.............Go to www.marcee.org for more info on the event...........I will be there representing MaxAmps.