Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's battery for MY Rusty VXL

I had sort of asked around a little but I figure who better to ask than a true expert : D I am going to purchase a Rustler VXL this weekend I will need to purchase a battery. I have done much research when it comes to these Li-Po batteries, mainly so that I keep my wife safe and don't burn down the house. I am looking for the best battery for my specific application. I don't really need to go 70 mph to be perfectly honest...so would I be better off with say the 2s2p 6000mah pack or the 3s 5000mah pack? What will yield a longer run time? I know that the 3s will have more punch just due to more voltage...but what will have a longer run time assuming I can't go full bore all the time (from what I have seen this isn't really possible with a VXL anyways, especially with no wheely bar because you can't drive on your lid)?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: What's battery for MY Rusty VXL

The 6000 will give you good run around speed and run time. The 5000 will be a bit less but have better power. Also run time will vary on terrain throttle usage and all of that normal stuff. If your not looking for the insane power then go with the 6000's.

Jason
    Jason
    MaxAmps Marketing Manager/Tech Support
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe you could get the 3S 5000 and with proper gearing the extra can show up as runtime rather than power/speed. Then when you get the urge for mor speed simply gear higher.
    and airplanes were in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guver makes a good point, gear down for short resposive bursts but not killer top end.

Jason
    Jason
    MaxAmps Marketing Manager/Tech Support
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com