Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Bo Bo on order (mine)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bo Bo on order (mine)

Guys:

Recently purchased two 2 cell 3.000 mah and one 4cell 4,000 mah batteries for two new projects, both without any experience with the intended systems. The two cell batteries simply do not have the voltage to do the job, so I would like to have them re-configured into one 3 cell 3,000. The 4 cell is simply too heavy for the airframe. Can it be re-configured into one 3 cell pack? Would not normally bother, but these are new packs, the 4,000 never charged and I see no future use for them. Can I send them in and get them fixed ? Thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Khatsalano

Default RE: Bo Bo on order (mine)

This is off topic but what aircraft are you trying to use the 4S 4000 on? I may order some of these from MaxAmps today for a Multiplex Twister but I am not sure about the weight either... it's borderline.

A question for MaxAmps: what's your return policy for cases like ours? Thanks!

- K
Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
JAM MaxAmps

I would suggest calling the shop at 1-888-654-4450 press 2 and then the # key. Explain what you want to do and ask how much it will cost. As for a return for something theat is to heavy or won't fit in an application, we will do our best to help out as much as we can. We do list all the pack weights and dimensions for each pack on the website to help you in your decision making. We cannot however take packs back in all cases. We make the packs as you order them. So we can't take a pack back and then try to sell it to someone else that is expecting a new fresh pack. it wouldn't be right. You need to be very carefull when selecting what you need and if your not sure ask us first. Chances are we have run into the situation already and can tell you wether it will work or not.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 11-26-2007, 10:39 AM
rmenke

Jason:

Would not expect to return and exchange unless possibley the 4,000 not charged. Not your responsibility but thanks for trying to be nice. I see people do ask you to do some over the top things and take no responsibility for their actions. Do appreciate you people. ENJOY
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
rmenke

Khatsalano:

Was intending the 4,000 for a AJ Extra 330L, 50" wing span 3 d'r, Hacker powered. Tried to order everything needed for two new birds at once, the other a PA Katana MD. Unfortunately, I distrust all eletric manufacturers claims, especiually batteries from very bad past experience. Only battery that performed well for me was the Thunderpower. I did not recognise any of the equipment on the Katana, so went with what I have experience with, Phoenix, Hacker, AXI. Had a AXI and Phoenix controller in stock, the motor just not quite strong enough to hover with 2,000 mah 2 cell, later 2200mah 3 cell. So, new recommended motor in route. A bud, only other club electric flyer has had good experience with Max Amps, so went that route for these projects. The 4,000 mah 4 cell is 13oz, just a tad heavy for the Extra, Phoenix controller is limited to 3 cell without cc bec. Am now just trying to salvage something of the investment that I can use on these or future projects. Max Amps attempt to help ressonably is greatly appreciated. ENJOY