Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

A MaxAmps Testimonial

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Khatsalano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A MaxAmps Testimonial

Dear MaxAmps,

When I started this hobby, I had two generic 3S Lipos I got from the local hobby store to power my styrofoam Super Cub airplane. They were cheap (and one of them has already been decommissioned due to a broken charge lead), and they got me started but I didn't know much about the ins and outs of electric flight at that point. As my skills and knowledge grew, I began looking for a second plane that would help me grow as a RC pilot and of course, I needed a power system that would grow with me.

I decided that since I started the hobby when electric flight is really taking off, there is no reason for me not to standardize my power setup with the most current technology. I decided that all my aircraft would run on 2.4ghz, LiPo power, and through some advice from local flyers and shops, I went with the most common connectors for the ESC-to-battery junction: Dean's Ultra plugs. Since my generic batteries already had Thunder Power balance leads, I decided that would be my standard as well even though I didn't own a single Thunder Power battery. When searching for batteries, I wanted the following features:

- Output performance
- Long service life
- Efficient size and weight to performance ratios
- reasonable pricing
- ... and ... convenience: pre-soldered plugs of my choice; this is huge for me

MaxAmps delivered on all counts and surprised me with something more. The customer service both on the RCU forum via Jason, direct email support (I've always gotten a response within 24 hours), and the personal, hand-written thank you card they send you after each order all goes to show that this company cares about its customers. I especially enjoy the repeat-business discount where if you spend certain amounts with MaxAmps, you get progressively larger discounts on your orders- another sign they value customer loyalty and long term satisfaction.

So far, I have a set of 3S 2100mAh batteries from MaxAmps I run on a HZ Super Cub and an E-flite P-47 with a 480BL setup. I also have a set of rather large 4S 4000mAh batteries for my 4S Modified Multiplex Twister EDF jet that powers it up to 100mph. The performance after a hundred cumulative flights on MaxAmps batteries have been, in a word, awesome. The batteries have the output I expect, and the longevity to keep the aircraft up for sustained flights. The pre-soldered connectors are done meticulously and the battery packs look good after being pulled in and out of planes and my backpack many times over. I even had a battery crash with my jet where it landed 10 ft away from the fuselage after impact and there was no damage whatsoever. I've seen other packs catch fire at my field in this situation but the MaxAmps battery in my fortunate case turned out totally unscratched. The pack still performs perfectly.

I'm a fan now and will likely buy almost all my batteries from MaxAmps. The only thing I would change is the amount of time it takes to deliver the orders. They make the packs fresh- it doesn't sit in a box for months waiting to be shipped. As I understand it, it's not made until you order it or something close to that effect. While this is a great feature, I am sometimes discouraged it takes up to two weeks to receive my batteries leading me to plan batteries first before getting a new plane, and no chance to test the CG parameters first. Overall, MaxAmps has a great product for the right price. I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Sincerely,

Khatsalano

------------------

This is an unsolicited, and totally voluntary testimonial regarding MaxAmps products. I am not affiliated with MaxAmps in any capacity other than a paying customer.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A MaxAmps Testimonial

Now that was a nice X-mas present.

Thanks from all of us at MaxAmps.com

Jason