Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Reciever battery for Losi 8ight t

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
losi101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever battery for Losi 8ight t

Hello Mr. Maxamps. I was wondering if you have a lipo that will fit the 8ight T battery box? A standard 5 cell(AA) will fit(3+2 and 2+2+1) so I need a lipo with similiar dimensions. I would prefer something no less than 2000mah. I have the Losi battery but it's doesn't seem to be doing so well. I won't hold a charge over 8.1v. It will bearly survive two 6 min heats before the regulator starts shutting off. It's has about a gallons worth of run time. I have the exact digital servo's in my MT with a different battery and I have no problems. It will last all day.

I guess show me what you have or talk about a custom.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: Reciever battery for Losi 8ight t

Here's our list of receiver packs. If you go Li-Po you will need a voltageb regulator as Digital servo's don't like anything higher than 6 volts. You'll also need an LVD or an LVC so that you don't over discharge the pack. The 3300 is 33mm thick and 65mm long by 35mm wide.

http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=18

Jason
Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
losi101

Ok here are the dimensions of the battery I have (51mm long 38mm wide 19mm high). As you can see the one you have is slightly larger I could get it to work if I modify the box but that's the last option. Do you make custom batteries?

Also why would I need a LVC or LVD if my regulator is 6v. From my experience when my crappy battery goes below 6v the regulator cuts off for a fraction of a second. When the volts return my reciever then comes back on in failsafe(brake) and then I take back off. When watching it appears I slam on the brakes and take back off. I just thought I would ask but I do have a voltage reader I use before I race. The losi battery just drops in voltage way more than it should being it's not that old.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:25 AM
JAM MaxAmps

We do custom packs but all custom work needs to be called in.

As for the LVC unit the Li-Po cannot go below 6 volts or the cells will be damged. The regulator only controls the output voltage it will no fully protect the rec. pack If you don't choose the LVC route you would nee to check the Rec. pack and see how long you can safely run it. I run a 3300 in a plane I have and I can get 3 safe flights from it until I need to recharge it.

Jason