Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers > MaxAmps Support
Reload this Page >

charging maxamps 6000 with hyperion 610i

Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

charging maxamps 6000 with hyperion 610i

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:12 PM
trexquest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charging maxamps 6000 with hyperion 610i

I'm trying to charge a max amp 6000 with a hyperion eos610i with included balancer. I' m using a river gate 15amp ps. The charger I have set for lipo 7.4 2s, 1c 6ooo mah, 6 amp.Set charge to 100% safety timer 180 min. With the ps and charger hooked up I plug in the bal in the 2s slot, then I plug in the main battery plug. When I press enter for 2 seconds it shows solo mode ok, then press enter again says checking battery then it comes back and says battery not detected. Tryed many times same thing, used four different lipos same problem. The bal mode reads voltage both cells but when to start bal mode reads battery not detected. I used the charger to charge nimi charged fine, can you help.thank you
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: charging maxamps 6000 with hyperion 610i

What main battery connector are you using on the charger lead. Some times a dirty or worn Deans can give reading like this.

Jason
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
trexquest

I'm using traxxas trx plugs, the charger keeps reading one more cell then I have programed. I have charger set 7.4 2s and it ask me to confirm cell count it says three cells, no matter what 2 cell lipo I use. I tried maxamps two of them protek,lite storm,apogee, all the same thing. When I try 3 cells it reads 4 cells.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Sounds like an issue with the charger. Did you purchase it thru us? Hyperion warranties the charger for one year from the date you received it. If you bought it from us go to the warranty page on the website and get an RMA form fiil out one copy and e-mail it to [email protected] then print off another copy and send it back to us with the faulty charger. Again if it was purchased thru us. Also clearly explain on the rma form what it is doing with all batteries.

Jason
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
trexquest

Thanks for your help, the charger came from somewhere else. They will exchange it. Great battery's, have maxamp 6000 2s. Great web site also. EMAXXTRA for ever esavage never. Have both emaxx much stronger, much tighter built.Again thanks trexquest