Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lipo cut off help please

Hi I would like to get some Maxamps power for my E-Revo but I dont understand how to count the cells in the packs. I will be using a Novak 4 cell lipo cutoff (part # 5471). I think what I need will be 2S2P lipos but I am getting the impression that this type of battery is actually made up of 4 individual cells. This would mean that two of these batteries together would be 8 individual cells?? In case you can't tell I'm really confused on the whole subject. I have try'ed to figure this out on my own and have learned quite a bit about lipo power but can't seem to find definitive information on what battery configurations this lipo cut off was designed for. The instructions from Novak do a pretty good job of explaining different ways to wire everything up but they don't help much with the proper battery applications. If Lipos weren't such an investment I would be less afraid to experiment, but they are far to expensive to take chances. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Dude! I could beat you with a stomper!

TEAM TERRIBLES... RC money is a Terrible thing to waste!
    http://teamterribles.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lipo cut off help please

The revo is made to run on a 4S set up. One 2S or 2 cell pack per side. They are then wired in series to create a 4S pack or the esc will have two separate plugs on it one for each pack. A 2S2P pack is still a 2S or 2 cell pack. It's just made up of two groups of two smaller cell capacities to make a larger capacity pack.

Jason
    Jason
    MaxAmps Marketing Manager/Tech Support
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lipo cut off help please

cool thanks!
    Dude! I could beat you with a stomper!

TEAM TERRIBLES... RC money is a Terrible thing to waste!
    http://teamterribles.com/