Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Lipo went dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
petebroch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo went dead

Hi, I have a 5,000hv 4s lipo battery, that went dead without any warning. It was running fine in my Emaxx, battery temp was 85degrees. I then received a phone call so i turned the truck off, unplugged the battery (only about half charged) and took the call. about 20 mins later i plugged the battery back into the ESC and there was nothing. I put the battery to my 610 duo and the screen said something like "battery failure", i forgot exacly. The battery is less than a month old, how could it just go dead? any warranty?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: Lipo went dead

Standard warranty is 30 days starting from the day you got the pack. What connector are you using on the main leads? Also you can double check the battery with a volt meter. This will also help to determine if it's a connector issue.

Jason
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 AM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

that's the probelm with li-po batterys,they just take a dump and your stuck with buying another battery. there is no life to these li-po's. thats why most people are going with the A 123 cells, they are expensive too, but weigh more and need a different charger, but last longer. maybe three to four longer than li-po's. iv'e gone through the same thing myself. to make them last longer.........charge them at a lower rate ,like 1/2 amp less also don't run the cells down past the recommened voltage ever............say 3.3 volts per cell. ......RON
Old 05-18-2009, 09:09 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Li-po's have a great life span if you tak care of them properly. I have packs that are charged at 1C anf 2C all of the time and are well over 2 yrs old. I would suggest you take a read here: http://www.maxamps.com/lipo-care.php who's know's you might be missing something in the way you care for your packs. On a side note please don't post recommendations in our section. Please leave that up to us so that our customers get the most up to date info possible.

Thank you,

-Jason