Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EOS 0606i memory

I'm not sure but I was under the impression that my EOS 0606i had multiple memories for different batteries of the same type. For instance I could have a 3s 1350mha and a 4s 2200mha and switch between the two without having to change every setting simply switch between the two. I have had my charger for almost two years but just recently I went all electric and need to switch between batteries frequintly so now it would be very helpful to do so.
    RC Lander F16d / Fokker DR-7 / SE 5a /Twinstar/ Easy Star / XC-1 / Axial AX10 / RS4 Rally / HL TigerI

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EOS 0606i memory

Sorry none of the 0606i models have ever had a battery memory. They are a basic charger and don't include that feature. For memory you need to step up to the DUO or the NET charger.

Jason
    Jason
    MaxAmps Marketing Manager/Tech Support
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the charger! It's very high quality. I plan to buy another and I also would like to step up and get something that has alot more functionality. I plan on flyin a Tamjet EDF and a large jet liner atr some point and would like your advice on what are some of the top shelf chargers you offer and what capabilties they have.
    RC Lander F16d / Fokker DR-7 / SE 5a /Twinstar/ Easy Star / XC-1 / Axial AX10 / RS4 Rally / HL TigerI

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take a look at the Hyperion DUO3 or the Hyperion 720i NET3

Duo Link: http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0615i-DUO3.htm

NET Link: http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0720i-NET3.htm

Both require a 30 amp or better Power Supply to get the full power from them. If your dealing with lots of packs or a system that runs on say dual packs you simply cannot go wrong with the DUO3. Charge two packs at once and even different types of packs say like a Green Series LiFe-Po pack on one side and a Li-Po on the other. And the charger supports 2C charging to help speed up the process. If you interested in either give us a shout at 1-888-654-4450 and we'll hook you up with a sweet deal. Just ask for either Josh or Alex.

Jason
    Jason
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Awsome! Thats what I'm talking about as I need many chargers. They are fine running directly from my vehicle battery correct? Even running three or four chargers at once?

Also could you explane or point me in the proper direction of a forum that would explane the differance between Lipo LIFEpo and A123 cells? I have been using Lipos for a couple of years but want to research the possibilities and learn much more.

Thanx for anyhelp you can give.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One high power charger off a single car battery would be fine but two isn't going to work. A good power supply or two and a 2000 watt generator will work great. As far as LiFe-Po and A123 they are chemically the same. Our MaxAmps.com Green series packs are different in the way that the cell is a prismatic cell like a Li-Po. Foil and flat in shape rather than the odd cylindrical cell like that of the A123 cell. The big differences between Li-Po And LiFe is voltage and capacity. A LiFe cell is 3.3 volt compared to 3.7 of a Li-Po, then there is the capacity issue. LiFe cells are half the capacity of the same shape and size Li-Po cell.
    But there is no risk of fire with LiFe cells and they have a much better life span as well as the big feature of being able to handle really high charge rates. You can charge a 4500 6.6 volt Green Series pack at 20 Amps in 18 minutes or at 10 amps in about 30 minutes.

Jason
    Jason
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK thanks for all the info. I now have enough knowledge to know what i need to work on. I have two batteries one on an isolator circuit and a high output alternator as well. Would it be possible to run the EOS0615 and my EOS0606i on each of those batteries (each @1100 cold amp) and start and charge in between charges? I know I ran an 8ga cable to the rear of my Blazer and installed a cigarette lighter plug there and it seems the cable was sufficient but the adaptor couldn't handle the amp draw and collapsed the spring inside. I had hoped this would work so that I could just pit my aircraft from the tailgate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah one charger per battery is fine. And run the vehicle between charges. But don't have the chargers hooked up or running when you run the vehicle. I used to take a Deep cycle Marine trolling battery with me on trips to other fields and it would last me a full day of flying while charging smaller packs. Say like 3S 4000's and smaller. We did get about 6 charges out of it with a friends Trex 600 charging our older 6S 5000's.

Jason
    Jason
    Jason@maxamps.com
    www.maxamps.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great, thanks for the info! I'll put it to good use and I'l certainly be contacting you about one of those EOS 0616i DUO3s. [8D]