Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers > MaxAmps Support
Reload this Page >

Team Associated SC18 upgrade "brushless" set-up ????

Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Team Associated SC18 upgrade "brushless" set-up ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
R/CFAN29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated SC18 upgrade "brushless" set-up ????

i am looking for a upgrade or "hop-up" for the SC18 by AE. what are motor/esc combos that would work for this truck? i prefer to aquire brushless"CASTLE" or "MAMBA" for it. i also want to run lipo batteries with it but not sure of what kind of batteries...i just want long run times and very quick. i am new to the electric field. any help would be awesome!! i know this truck hasnt come out yet but im sure someone knows about hop up parts for it.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: Team Associated SC18 upgrade

For motor and and esc questions I would contact Castle directly but for battery options see here: http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=144 Seeing that it is in fact an RC18 any of the packs we have listed for the RC18T will work with it. Contact [email protected] for motor and esc suggestions. Tell him Jason Sent ya'.

Jason
Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 AM
R/CFAN29

ok wow that was a fast response. thanks & once i find out what motor/esc they suggest i will contact you jason to get the best possible lipo battery pack for it. again thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
JAM MaxAmps

I get instant e-mail notifications of activity here at RCU and my e-mail program is always open so I see them right away. It's one of the ways we stay on top of things. Let me know when your ready. Just call me at 1-888-654-4450.

Jason
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
bradley.jewell

hello,

I recently just got the SC18 yesterday and was wondering what people mean by it will need to "break in" the battery for it to hold a full charge? I was also wondering what the life of the Nimh battery that came with it should be?

I don't mean life by how long will the battery last me in charges, I mean what SHOULD my runtime be?? It's a 6cell 1100mah nimh battery (7.2v)

any help is appreciated. VERY new to electric RC.

If there are any type of charts or something to get a good breakdown of all the differnet types of batteries, please link me or email them to me @ [email protected]

thanks again.

Brad
Old 03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Brad I really can't comment or answer a question like that on a pack we don't sell. This is a support forum for our packs and products. If your looking for run time answers look into threads about that particular vehicle. My guess is probably 10 minutes or less on that pack.

Jason
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
bradley.jewell

Yea i apologise, I realise this is for maxamps.

Again, sorry.

Would like to say thanks for the guesstimate, and also providing that list of lipo's that will go into my SC18 as I will, for sure, be upgrading soon.

I do have a more basic question, not necessarily pertaining to any brand of battery, but it's about plugs. When I bought the truck the guy at the hobby shop said it would be a good idea to solder Dean plugs on, as the ones it comes with will melt. Is this only if I'm planning to upgrade to bigger/better aftermarket batteries?? or is Dean's just the best as far as not melting?

I noticed on your guys' site (maxamps) that most battery models are shown with Dean plug's on them...coincidence? or because they are the best?

Again, sorry about the non related question to start.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 PM
JAM MaxAmps

No worries. As for the plugs the stock Tamiya type are not very good they are very high in resistance and do melt under high current conditions. The deans are a zero loss plug which are very efficient. It's avery good upgrade.

Jason
Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
bradley.jewell

Thank you, Jason.

Look forward to speaking with you in the following weeks and getting this sucker lipo'd up.

Again, many thanks.

Brad
Old 07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
guero the pero
My Feedback: (1)

do you think that the traxxas connector in the talk about the tamiya and maxamps use mostly deans on the website. you told one member dens is a good upgrade would you think the traxxas is as good as the deans . as my batterys go to the dead side iam going to go all maxamps i like the new set up released 7-27-10