RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MaxAmps Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/)
-   -   4000 mah lipos inflated? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/5715435-4000-mah-lipos-inflated.html)

cnguyen831 04-14-2007 04:36 PM

4000 mah lipos inflated?

Ran my lipo 7.4 V 4000 mah until there was a sign that power was low. I looked at the battery and now it looks like it is gonna burst. It is inflated. This was after only a few runs? Is max amps batteries that crappy? I know how to take care of lipos, but as soon as the sight of low power, I turned it off.

guver 04-14-2007 05:57 PM

RE: 4000 mah lipos inflated?

The voltage may be too low or run too hot. How long did it run last? and what is the voltage? Is it all cells or just one?

It may just be a case of mis-application.

JAM MaxAmps 04-16-2007 07:16 AM

You say youi ran it until "you " noticed power was down............are you useing an ESC with a LVC??? And I see your running it in a buggy or truck........what's your amp draw and your set-up???????? More info always helps before you start calling things crap.

cnguyen831 04-16-2007 11:55 PM

I just used them on a stock E-savage with deans. Man, money down the drain. I guess I go back to NIMH.

Silentbob343 04-17-2007 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: cnguyen831

I just used them on a stock E-savage with deans. Man, money down the drain. I guess I go back to NIMH.
You can't run lipos past 3v per cell. To get more cycles most guys stop at 3.4/3.5v per cell, another rule of thumb is not to go past 80% capacity to get the most life out of a pack. If you are using them on a ESC without a lipo setting you need to run a seperate LVC. You can get a LVC, liposaver, for $20 to run inline with you ESC. You say you know how to treat lipoly packs, but did you consider you current draw?

Sorry to see you go back to NIMH, but as with anything new you can't just jump in, you need to research first. Before calling them crappy you should have contacted maxamps and perhaps they would've shown you some good will and offered a discount on another pack.

Now then you need to properly dispose of that pack. Completely drain the pack, puncture and soak in salt water then toss.

Jason,

Perhaps Maxamps should have a mandatory page with lipoly precautions/instructions to access the lipo section or when the system detects a lipoly battery in the cart before final purchase. I know Apogee has a such a page, http://www.pfmdistribution.com/guidelines.htm

JAM MaxAmps 04-17-2007 08:05 PM

Silentbob343, I agree I think I will contact Austin about this............it seems that the younger crowd isn't taking the needed time to research and learn about the proper care and how to use Li-Po's...........it's both a dangerous choice and expensive one at that.

cnguyen831 04-21-2007 01:52 AM

Younger crowd? How old are you? I am 30. I am out $70. Going back to NIMH.

JAM MaxAmps 04-21-2007 04:12 PM

Just remeber your out 70 bucks because your motor failed not the Li-Po's..........

cnguyen831 08-06-2007 12:17 AM

Wow, thanks for the information jason. Maxamps is standing by their product. [:@]

5150driver 08-06-2007 10:53 PM

proper knowledge is key when using these. i know you said you know how to care for them, but everyone makes mistakes. i know a lot of people that have there lipo's and including me and they do stand behind there stuff. but they can refuse service for slander. this is just an outsider looking in. also they do warranty there stuff so call them see if anything can be arranged.

Fast Guy 08-07-2007 05:56 AM

If you're running lipos until you notice a slight decrease in power you're running them too low. With a low voltage cut-off they shutoff before you see any decrease in power. You haven't said if you running a low voltage cut-off or not.

JAM MaxAmps 08-08-2007 08:18 PM

Ok so this starts way back on 4/14/07 and now we are here. I get a PM from cnguyen a couple of days ago that reads just like this.

To: JAM MaxAmps
Date: 8/6/2007 6:18:40 AM
Subject: inflated lipo

"So I have an inflated lipo due to my motor. First lipo pack ever. 7.2v 4000mah. Can I get a discount on a new one? "

Then I come back to this thread to see his above post. I ask to make sure that it's one of ours and whn he purchased it and sends me another PM saying this.

Date: 8/8/2007 4:48:59 AM
Subject: RE: inflated lipo

"Yes, it's yours. It's a 7.2 4000mah. I bought it about 3 months ago. I didn't buy the backwarranty or none was offered back then. I actually bought two of them and the other pack which is the same has been running good. "

I then asked for his e-mail addy and full name so I can check the order to see when the date was. I have not heard anything back as of yet.

As for my age cnguyen I'm 35 and whenever I step into something new I always do the research. You don't want to seem to answer the question about the LVC and by saying that your motor wrecked the Li-Po says your at fault, and it is now 4 months later since this all happened............I'm sorry but if you would have purchased the 3yr/300cycle warranty (which has been offered to everyone way before you bought your packs) you'd be covered right now. I am sorry that you wrecked your pack but at this time and because of the time delay we will not offer a discount on a replacement. Maybe you should have thought about your previous post. I'm willing to help anyone out but when you won't answer the questions and you come back to a thread and post a sarcastic post then I'm forced to draw the line.

Jason
Maxamps

JAM MaxAmps 08-09-2007 07:18 AM

This was the latest PM.............And yet no answer on the LVC...........and the story changes yet again......I X'd out his name and e-mail..

Here's my info:

XXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"for a 7.2V 400-mah lipo battery. I was running on a stock tt01 setup and after a few minutes it ballooned up. This was after a full charge. I ran it until it started showing signs of lost power. I bought 2 of these packs, and the other one is running fine. "

Way back when this all started you said your motor was the cause. That came in either an e-mail or PM to me, hence the comment in post#8. Then you stated the same in your newer PM, the same reason. You've called the product crap posted sarcastic posts. And now you want a discount on a new pack. As far as the one pack going south on you and the other one being fine. I think this is a case of figuring out why the first one went bad and not doing the same thing to the second one. I will run a check on your name and order to see how long ago this really was but as I stated earlier any discount will be denied at this point and time.

Jason
MaxAmps

flawedexistence 08-18-2007 06:33 PM

A most unfortunate incident. I can tell everyone that the Maxamps packs I'm using are excellent. I can't understand why the originator of the thread would want to return to using an essentially obsolete technology...............as for myself, I'll stick with li-pos and Maxamps.

JAM MaxAmps 08-18-2007 06:49 PM

This whole situation is strange. he refuses to answer the question about using aN LVC and the story has changed several times. He gave me his name which I had run thru the system and both the name and his e-mail don't show up. We checked March, April, and May with no luck. But what do you expect he won't give me the time or date when he supposedly bought them either. Like I said his Demand for a discount has been and will continue to be denied. If he wants to be truthful i'm willing to work with him but until then he's on his own.

Jason
MaxAmps

cnguyen831 08-19-2007 02:37 PM

Maxamps service is truly garbage. I can take a pic of the batteries I bought from you. But if you refuse to admit that I even bought from you is ridiculous. This is my first and last lipo pack. To even deny that I bought from you is truly garbage. All I wanted is some service.

cnguyen831 08-19-2007 02:41 PM

Here's the info from my paypal amount. To even deny this is garbage. Back to nimh I go.

Business Name: MaxAmps.com (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email: [email protected]

Total Amount:
-$148.93 USD

Item Amount:
$148.93 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
Order Number: 17283
Item Number:
Date:
Jan. 31, 2007
Time:
15:25:41 PST
Completed
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Ok, so this was in february.

cnguyen831 08-19-2007 02:51 PM

I just want to make it clear that the way the PM, that MAXAMPS does not respect their customers. They do not care, and are not willing to understand their customers. The lack of respect in his emails clearly shows this. I may have been new to LIPOS, and just wanted some answers. I was told by someone here that I could get a discount on a new pack. But why do that when I can go with another company that has better customer service. Thank you MAXAMPS.

JAM MaxAmps 08-19-2007 04:27 PM

Maxamps service is truly garbage. I can take a pic of the batteries I bought from you. But if you refuse to admit that I even bought from you is ridiculous. This is my first and last lipo pack. To even deny that I bought from you is truly garbage. All I wanted is some service.

First off I never said that you hadn't ever made a purchase from us. You wouldn't give us the purchase date so we looked into our records based off of the time your first post was, Which was April. We even checked back into March and May with no hits. How can I help if you won't answer the questions? LVC?

Jason
MaxAmps

JAM MaxAmps 08-19-2007 04:33 PM

Here's the info from my paypal amount. To even deny this is garbage. Back to nimh I go.

Total Amount:
-$148.93 USD

Item Amount:
$148.93 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
Item Number:
Date:
Jan. 31, 2007
Time:
Completed
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

Again I Never denied or said that you hadn't purchased from us. I find it amazing that it took this long to get this answer from you. And now seeing that your order was 2 months befor you posted here it explains a lot.........that was on our old data system. I don't understand why it was so hard to show us when you purchased the packs in the first place? So now we know when you bought them, how about the Low Voltage Cutoff? Ah that's right you ran them down till' the power dropped off. And you slammed us again.

Jason
MaxAmps

JAM MaxAmps 08-19-2007 04:41 PM

I just want to make it clear that the way the PM, that MAXAMPS does not respect their customers. They do not care, and are not willing to understand their customers. The lack of respect in his emails clearly shows this. I may have been new to LIPOS, and just wanted some answers. I was told by someone here that I could get a discount on a new pack. But why do that when I can go with another company that has better customer service. Thank you MAXAMPS.

The reason I showed your PM's to everyone was to show how your post and PM's conflict and how the story changes. Out of respect for you I deleted your name and e-mail addy. And again you change your story cause remember post # 1

Ran my lipo 7.4 V 4000 mah until there was a sign that power was low. I looked at the battery and now it looks like it is gonna burst. It is inflated. This was after only a few runs? Is max amps batteries that crappy? I know how to take care of lipos, but as soon as the sight of low power, I turned it off.

And I quote "I know how to take care of lipos".

Hmm........

Like I said before if you would have been truthfull from the start I would have helped you out. But it's unfortunate that you chose to go the route you did because now the only help I can offer is to register at our site and you will get 5 % off your first order. This discount will increase with future orders.

Thank you,

Jason
MaxAmps

JAM MaxAmps 08-19-2007 04:59 PM

Total Amount:
-$148.93 USD

Item Amount:
$148.93 USD
Shipping:
$0.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
Item Number:
Date:
Jan. 31, 2007
Time:
Completed
Shipping Address:
No Address Provided

And one more thing Your order shows you only bought ONE not two like you have stated in earlier posts. If you'd like to talk about this e-mail me, if your truthful and answer all the questions I will not post the e-mail I will try to help. But if you chose not to be an adult about it and continue to demand things without cooperation then forget it. This is your last chance. This subject will be considered resolved.

Jason

JAM MaxAmps 08-19-2007 09:17 PM

Date: 8/19/2007 8:45:51 PM
Subject: RE: inflated lipo

I won't get a discount. That's fine, you have shoddy customer service. You refuse to treat customers with respect in terms of your PM. I run a Align 450SE heli with lipos and haven't had any problems. But for cars, these were my first packs. All I want is to acknowledge that you have been a waste of my time.

Well that ends it. I have been here from the start of this. You simply chose to change stories, not answer questions, and yet I wasted your time? I treat all of my customers with respect. But when you won't answer simple questions and then change your story numerous times while bad mouthing MaxAmps, well then how would you expect to be treated. This case is officially closed due to the fact that cnguyen831 will not cooperate in any way.

Jason
MaxAmps

cnguyen831 08-20-2007 03:58 PM

I bought two of those 7.4 4000mah packs. Shoddy customer service prevails. No this was YOUR last chance.

kkant 08-21-2007 09:46 PM

To be perfectly honest, this whole thread makes me want to go out and buy a few Maxamps packs. I can see that they have good customer service.

Cnguyen-- If you want to go public with something like this, you have to be willing and able to tell a consistent, complete, and truthful story. This is something you have clearly not done. Without this you aren't going to get any sympathy. To me and probably others, it looks like you are fishing for a freebie.

If you really think you have a grievance and want to warn us about it, then lay it all out. I think you'll find that people will be sympathetic.