RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MaxAmps Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/)
-   -   Turn-around Time? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/7753946-turn-around-time.html)

zaner123 07-21-2008 02:27 AM

Turn-around Time?

I sent this message to [email protected], but felt like re-posting it here so I might be able to get a faster answer.

-here it is

I just ordered a couple battery packs on Friday night, so I know that they have not been shipped out yet.. but I was wondering where they will be coming from?

I like in Spokane, Washington - about an hour away from the Maxamps Headquarters in Nine Mile Falls. The fact that Maxamps is locally based was the selling point for me; I like local businesses.

Anyways will the battery packs come from Nine Mile Falls, or from Minnesota (where I saw CEO Austin is from).

One more thing.. Are your manufactured packs built to order, or do you stock them?

I am asking these questions because I need a general idea of when the batteries should be arriving.

Thank you.

-

So in your guyses experience, will I always have to wait 2+ weeks? Or is there any chance that I could get it this week?

Is the "Normally ships within 24-48 hours" quote just a load of crap?

Thank you for any help.

JAM MaxAmps 07-21-2008 08:37 AM

RE: Turn-around Time?

Well for starters the company is based out of Nine Mile Falls which is a small suburb of Spokane, WA. I myself live and work from home for the company from Minnesota. You may have seen a copied and pasted message from Austin placed by me here causing the confusion of him living in MN. He lives in Spokane. As for the batteries all packs are made as ordered. Lead time on pack construction is 24 to 48 hours in most cases. If we do get busy this lead time can be a tad longer. If you order on a Friday and later in the day the order on most cases will not be entered into the system until Monday morning, our guys need the weekends off just like you. If you have direc questions about your order please feel free to contact [email protected] and he should be able to give you an update.

Best regards,

Jason

zaner123 07-21-2008 11:43 AM

Thank you for your quick reply, and complete answer.

When I ordered the packs I had no idea they would be built to my specs... but now that I think of it, that is really pretty cool!

I think Maxamps should advertise that "built to order" policy a little better.. You would probably get more sales that way.

JAM MaxAmps 07-21-2008 11:52 AM

Thanks for your input but we do advertise that we build them as ordered. Fresh packs.

Jason

zaner123 07-21-2008 06:30 PM

To be clear, my opinion is that that policy should be advertised more Thoroughly.

Now that I look around I guess I can figure out what "fresh" means.. but I did not notice that policy till a few days After I ordered the packs. I thought I researched and read thoroughly, but obviously not. My mistake (of not noticing that you build-to-order) and all, but it is a mistake that others will surely make.