Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: M40 turbine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

M40 turbine

After seeing a clip from Jet Power 2012 with a prototype of the M40, I am salivating for it? When do you think this will go public? I'd like to stuff this in my Habu32, 4lbs more the a P20 that's sweet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: M40 turbine

I contacted them before on it. Last year it was projected to be a M-35. At the time... it was only making 28~30n... so they are still tweaking it. Also... the proto I saw didn't have the starter yet. Also... it was supposed to be under $2k USD.

Now... if that same engine is making 40n... that will be GREAT !!! I have a wren 44 in a CMP Hawk... but as I recall... the M35 was supposed to be a little smaller, and lighter. Personally... the P-20 is a little under powered for a 90mm EDF model, if you are flying off grass.

I hope they release it soon. There is a real market for a 35n turbine since the release of all these nice quality, inexpensive 90nn EDF models.

****EDIT******

Here's a thread that we were talking about it last year, and hoping for a spring release....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10867597
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sorry for the misinformation spread by one of our German dealers in the youtube video. The engine is rated to 35N, and the release date is not set yet, we need to find a way to manufacture it easily so that the end price be interesting, currently we are spending too much time tweaking each engine, couldn't enter in mass production as it is now.

Gaspar
    Owner of: www.xicoy.com Partner of:www.jets-munt.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info Gaspar.

I hope you guys get it done soon. I know Jet Central said the Flee was no longer viable... The P20 is too small (along with the Kolibri...) and the MW44 really is too big for the 90mm models. Like I said... I have an MW44 in a CMP Hawk... but it would be nice to loose half a pound in the overall weight.
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Any updates on the M35 ?

I am very interseted in a turbine this size

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I am interested too! The Jet Hangar kits would build real light with an engine like this.
    It does NOT have to be GIANT to be scale!