Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Merlin Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

M100XBL temperature calibration

Community
Search
Notices
Merlin Turbine Clinic Support for Merlin Turbines is provided in this forum

M100XBL temperature calibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M100XBL temperature calibration

Can anyone tell me how to calibrate the temperature on a Merlin 100XBL? It read 97C when booted up before running today and it was 26C ambient. It still runs well but the temperature seems to be about 70C higher than ambient when cold. It does become an issue during cooling as the starter runs way too long trying to cool it that much...
Thanks,
Len
Old 11-10-2016, 07:44 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Len,
With the engine cooled to ambient; Immediately following ECU power-up with JetsMunt displayed on screen, press the UP arrow and + buttons a few times. When "Parameters" is displayed on the screen, go to parameter 2 and reduce the number 70 points using the down arrow button (each point offers a 1c temp calibration correction). Once the value has been changed, slide your trim up and the screen should return to the default boot page. Confirm the temp reading is now correct correlation to the ambient.
Todd
Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Len

Thanks Todd, I will try it later today as we have the MCBH for 4 days this weekend...BTW just want to compliment you on the OUTSTANDING service I receive from Dreamworks! Thank you for doing it right!
Aloha,
Len
Old 11-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Len

Hi Todd, I cannot get into the menu you mentioned. All I get on boot is a XICOY screen, then a screen that reads:
"Jets Munt
Merlin 100X" and following that the regular trim low screen.

What I interpreted from your description was to cold boot and after the XICOY screen while on the 100X screen to press both the UP and + buttons several times together. All I get is a normal boot.

No matter what I press or how many times all I get is a normal boot. I tried both pressing UP and + repeatedly together and separately on the XICOY and then on the 100X screens both and then separately and then on each alone, but still nothing. What am I doing wrong sir?
Thanks,
Len

Update: I got email from Gaspar and the entry was accomplished. However; there isn't enough ability there to deal with the amount this is off. It appears that the thermocouple is degrading. I ordered a pair from him (I have another 100XBL at home in Canada) as sending the engine back just for this change is unwarranted.

Last edited by Len; 11-13-2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Len

Tried the TC (thermocouple) replacement today after the engine would not move passed PW 22 on the start and died every time (12 to 15 attempts). I failed at getting the case off and now the old TC reads 0C. The engine is boxed along with a new TC, the ECU and Pump, heading back to Dreamworks for service by the experts...