Merlin Turbine Clinic Support for Merlin Turbines is provided in this forum

Merlin 140 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Jame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merlin 140 Issue

Any jet guys help me out please??

5 year old Merlin 140, fluctuating massively at idle and full power, idle dropping off by upto 3000 rev's, have emailed Gaspar but can't get any technical advice yet as he's on holiday at the minute...........a friend of mine had mentioned the brushed pumps sometimes requires the brushes cleaning , anyone ever had experience of this??

Has anyone ever noticed when trying to Prime either Pump (main line) or Burner (ignition line) the GSU will only Prime for around 3 seconds and then it cuts out and displays the 'Home Screen', I was thinking it may do this due to over voltage on the pump (maybe the pump is shot)........Hopefully Gaspar will reply soon, best in the business with customer service generally but just wanted to avoid sending the engine back to Spain if I didn't need to.......

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:36 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You didn't say how much time is on the engine. It sounds like you need a new pump. I just replaced the pump on my M90 with about 21 hours on it, so the brushed pumps don't last very long. What is the pump PW doing at idle and full throttle? If you can download the data from your ECU and send it to Gaspar I'm sure he could tell if it's your pump or not. Gaspar is good about responding to emails, so you should hear from him as soon as he gets back.

In the meantime see if you can borrow a good pump from a friend and try it.

The 3 second prime limit is normal, so you don't flood the engine. If that's not enough time to purge the lines then just turn it off then on and do it again.

Joe