VT80 Idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:35 AM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default VT80 Idle

Re: Jets Munt
I have a VT80 with around two hours on it now and for the most part, the engine runs fine. I bought it used and have run it briefly four times. The first time my idle was at 55k. I readjusted my trim value for the throttle from stock (just gave me this when I assigned it to switch on my Jeti) of 50% to 15%. Started it up again after re-learning the ECU and it idled fine at 45k. Two starts after that the next day, didn’t make any changes, were at 51k. Otherwise it ran fine. I’m not too worried about it, but a reliable value would be nice.

thanks,

Tom M
Old 10-25-2017, 04:01 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought VT 80 in 2012 and it had a unreliable idle it would always vary up and down a few k in rpm but would otherwise run fine, I had the engine upgraded to a brushless pump and now it idles fine.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:00 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info. I had planned to upgrade it when I send it in for 25 hour service.

Tom M
Old 01-03-2019, 01:49 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could have been a sticky pump as the speed is controlled by the fuel that is pumped , right ?