Community
Search
Notices
Model Rockets & Rocketry Discuss all aspects of model rocketry here, including r/c rocketry.

im having a ball with rockets !

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:43 AM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im having a ball with rockets !

I just wanted to post for the first time in my life ,I recently lauched a rocket , with a recovery systme 6 successful times and wanted let everyone know how much of a rush it is seeing the rocket disappear from in front of you , then slowly return to earth.

CAP
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: im having a ball with rockets !

i have a box full of rockets i built years ago, i have to get them out of the box. its been years since i used them but they are blast literally.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:34 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I did rockets alot in High School, get you a 2 or 3 stage, those are freakin' awesome! Good luck finding it when it comes down though, they get some crazy altitude!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:42 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some of us seem to never outgrow our rockets. I have some I have had for thirty year and am still building and flying. Glad you are having fun with model rockets. It is a very robust hobby.

Scott
Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Tango Juliet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started building rockets in my pre-teen years (I couldn't afford R/C) and got into doing it competitively in High School. I had egg-lofters, boost-gliders, rocket-gliders, and one of my favorite designs was a helicopter model. When I joined the USAF in 1989 I finally got into R/C planes and kind of left the rockets behind. Lately though, I've had the urge to build another helicopter model and another club member has also expressed a desire to get back into rockets. Some of the newer, high power stuf looks pretty neat, but I don't live near the wide open spaces that I used to growing up in north eastern Indiana.

If you can find an active club near you, you'll find a lot of new friends and experiences await you. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
drivedog

Advice to anyone getting back into rocketry, Dont let it suck you in !!! Run before the sport addicts you !!! http://www.rockethigh.com I speak out of experience !!!