MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

superbrain 820 won't recognize battery.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:47 AM
TheLoren

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default superbrain 820 won't recognize battery.

I'm new to electric RC cars and I was recently given a Tamiya Ford SVT f-150 TL-01 shaft drive 4wd. I didn't get it new, but it looks to have been used very little. along with the truck I was given a MRC 820 SuperBrain AC/DC delta peak quick charger, and two super duty plus team Orion 3000mAh Ni-MH batteries.
I'm sure the batteries are completely dead because it looks like it has been sitting for years unused.

But when I plug the battery into the charger the light just blinks. and according the manual I found online it says that it should only blink if no battery is attached. I even let it sit on the charger for a couple hours to see if that would help. but neither battery will do anything. what should I do? I don't want to go buy new batteries and chargers if I can get the ones I got to work.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
guver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: superbrain 820 won't recognize battery.

Since the battery has been setting a long time it should be charged with a dumb old wall charger for the first time. After that the 820 will probably work ok with it.

Search this Thread