Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

Battery Charger not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
TraxxasN3wbx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Charger not working

I recently got a Traxxas Slash 2wd for Christmas, and my uncle let me borrow his Vision Peak Ultra battery charger and we put a plug adapter on it, and changed the plugs on my battery ( Traxxas 3000 MAH power cell NiMH ). When I plug it in and start charging it, about 10 minutes later it stops charging, and starts beeping about 3 times. I read up and it said to discard the battery, but when I felt the adapter that goes to the charger it was very hot, and I thought that may be the problem, but have no clue how to fix it. I was wondering if any of you knew what the problem was? Link to battery: http://www3.towerhob...1P?I=LXZJB6&P=8 Link to charger: http://www.dynamiter...?ProdID=DYN4053Can't find the type of plugs, but they look like "deans plugs" but have a black/red color to them.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:37 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Charger not working

Hi, welcome to RCU. I'm going to try to have this moved top the general batts/chargers section since this is specific to MRC brand. In the meantime would you try to fix your links? They aren't working.

Just on the surface your hot connector surely could be a problem. If the connector/adapter is dirty perhaps you can clean it with some motor spray or other contact cleaner?