Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

977 problems/questions

I have been having some issues with my 977 charger. I read the instructions for it but still cannot figure out what is going wrong.

Charging: I have two 4600MaH NiMh batteries and if Ihook them both up and charge at 4 amps (one on a one on b) when they get done they are both at about 2000 Mah per hour according to the charger.

Same goes for my two 5000MaH batteries

If I hook them up and go to the MaH setting and put in 4600 or 5000 respectively I cannot get them both to charge at once. If Ido one at a time on channel A, sometimes they will charge to full capacity but sometimes they will not.

Discharging: It seems like some times when I try to discharge it will start to discharge and beep and be done in only a couple of seconds even though I know the batteries have not been run much from a full charge.

Any thoughts? Should Icontact MRC directly?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 977 problems/questions

i dont even bother with setting the mah rating. just the number of cells, and the charge rate. if i were you, i would check each cell for voltage. you might have one or more bad cells which is confusing the peak detect circuit. in my case, i was able to remove a bumb cell from my 2 of 6 cell pack and make a couple of 5 cell packs. one of the cells in each pack had internal problems and was compromising the packs as a whole.