Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: battery pack

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

battery pack

I got this idea as a way to save money but maybe i shouldn't be so cheap? I have a heli-max tx for my axe 400 heli and 8
    AA batteries are recommended (12 volts). what if a guy were to make a 12 volt pack with 10 rechargeable 1.2 volt cells?
    And use a former CB radio power supply (110 AC to 12 DC) to charge the pack. Would it work? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Stuart

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: battery pack

Be careful with underestimating the voltage of NiCd and NIMh cells: Just after charging it's very high- for instance, you will easily blow the bulb of a 2-cell MagLite if you put freshly charged NiCads in it ( Idid it twice ). 10 cells will go as high as 14-15 volts when fresh.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: battery pack

I think Mike is right. You should understand the voltage of NiCd and Nimh cells. It may be risky to use cells without testing....